A picture of Caroline after her bath. Just push the drying dishes aside and let the baby dry. ;)

Austin was happy Wednesday night because I made the dinner he requested for our most recent meal plan: clam chowder. He had his first Safety/Safe Touching assembly today at school. Today they are discussing crossing the street, strangers, general safety principles. The next time will be about appropriate/inappropriate touching (no one should touch you in any area covered by a bathing suit). I asked Julia what they all talked about in this Kindergarten assembly. She said, "What assembly? I never went to a safe touch assembly." Oh boy. She sure did go. What an impact it must have made. :D I asked her if she knew what was good touch and bad touch and she said she did. I asked her where she learned that, and she had to think about that. LOL She said something to the effect of, "You," or "Here. (at home)" Brian and I have gone over several safety subjects with them, so I suppose that is true.
A cute smile, Tuesday.

You'd never know from the above picture what a messy room Caroline was in. And the shot below doesn't even begin to show the extent of it! A Doodle Pro colored completely black. A wooden maraca from the Dominican Republic. Toy food (does the ice cream sandwich look yummy??). Toy shopping cart. Monster truck arena parts. Thomas tracks and tunnel. I made Austin and Lauren clean up the mess Wednesday! It's crazy what a conglomeration (I think that is a word! It seems to fit...) of toys pile up in there!

The exterminator came Weds. morning. We call him the bug man. :D I took Caroline out that afternoon and took the following pics of her. Love, love those chubby little cheeks!

Caroline can pretty much sit up by herself now. Though I don't leave her sitting up to play, because she still topples over. But in the basket she balanced very well, and it was just high enough to steady her when she started wobbling. She liked leaning over the edge and picking at the grass.

Yesterday Lauren and I worked on her Cubbies Character Builders book in the morning. For one section we had to trace her feet and draw pictures of ways she can serve God. She liked that one. Especially seeing her feet outlines. Today we made chocolate chip banana bread. Because everything baked is better with a few chocolate chips added in, right? She kept saying, "I'm going to just have one more..." and then proceeded to take quite a few more out of the bag. I let her eat a lot of "one mores" too, because that's part of the fun of baking! I like to sample a few chocolate chips too. :D Here are a couple of more pictures of Caroline. The last was yesterday at 32 weeks! 20 more until one year. WOW.

And yes, I realize this post was mostly about the 3 big kids, but all the pictures are of the baby. Well, she changes the most. And I'm with her the most. Lauren gets a lot too. :)

1 comment:
My kids have had the safe touch units at school too. I was just asking them about it the other day.
Sweet close up of Caroline in the lavendar. Love that cute sweater!
I can't believe how soon she'll be a year. :( She resembles the other kids but I can see her own little self too. KWIM? There are times I look at her and can see Lauren or Julia but in those last two she just really seems to have her own person.
Post a Comment