Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Kindergarten Conversations

These are from a few weeks ago, including the conversations later in the post.

Lauren brought home this book she made, Bono Goes to School. She is so proud of all her projects and papers she brings home! I bought her a binder with folders inside, and she keeps as many papers as she can in there. It's already getting really full! She likes looking through all her school work. :)


8/25: Lauren tells me all about school, every day, in great detail. She is certainly the fun-loving little girl! Some things from today:

L: "Lucia didn't want to play with me today."

Me: "How do you know?"

L: "She was playing with another girl!"

Then later:

L: " 'K' told me I'm her best friend."

Me: "Awww, that's so sweet...!"

L: Looking a bit indignant, "I don't want to be her friend! She smells bad!"

Me: "Why do you say that?"

L: "When I had the cafeteria lunch, I stood right by her, and she smells bad!"
..............................................
Lauren had her book memorized and 'read' it to Caroline. Over and over and over again.


At dinner:

L: "Ms. V yelled 'Pay attention!' at us today!"

Me: "Why?"

L: "The kids were talking. But I wasn't. I was sitting criss-cross applesauce, and I got to pick the letter! ...Sometimes I talk. But I'm really quiet and she doesn't know!" Big grin...
......................................................
Caroline is a patient little sister. And very interested in what Lauren is doing!


Tonight, over dessert:

L: Deep in thought, pondering out loud, "I wonder when I'll get a boyfriend..."

Me: "Maybe when you're 16! ...What about Collin?" (Her friend from Cubbies)

L: "I mean from Kindergarten! I had a boyfriend today..."

Me: "You did? What was his name? Was he in your class?"

L: "I don't know his name! He's on the playground. Lucia was playing with the other girl..."

Me: "So you played with him? What color hair does he have?"
L: "I can't remember. I don't know what he looks like!"
...........................................
After they had enough reading about the little monkey, they decided to play dress-up. :)

No comments: