Monday, February 21, 2011

Since the Last Post

It seems like not much has been going on this month, but yet we've been doing a lot of things. Caroline's been sick pretty much all of February. I took her to the dr. Feb. 7 b/c her eyes had been oozing green gunk for 3 days, and were all red and puffy. She had a cold leading up to that. Dr. said she had a sinus and eye infection and prescribed Amoxicillin. It was Caroline's first time having an antibiotic! She was a stinker about taking her meds the first few times, but then got to liking it.


These little girls play school almost daily. Lauren tries to do crafts with Caroline, and says she wants to teach her to count to 100, and also that she wants to teach Caroline everything she (L) knows. The other day Lauren pondered aloud, "I wonder if she'll remember what I taught her when she goes to Kindergarten..." :)


One of the kids' jobs is to distribute toilet paper to the bathrooms. They like to play with it first... Building towers. Building walls, then kicking them down...


Lauren asked me to take her picture in these PJs the other night. She likes the sparkles on them and wanted to make sure we had pictures of them! She came up with these poses herself.


I peeked in the big girls' room one morning and saw Caroline reading Lauren's Bible. She'd sat Panda right next to her.


Valentines Julia and Lauren made. Julia made all the cat cards; I helped Lauren with the caterpillars.


So. Caroline was on Amoxicillin a week, when I noticed tiny red dots on her tummy and leg. The dr. said to stop giving it to her. The pharmacist said the rash might get worse before it got better. It did. This was Tuesday, Feb. 15, after the pharmacist said to take pictures of the reaction.


Julia had a reaction to Amoxicillin when she was 5. Brian's allergic to penicillin. Austin, Lauren, and I are ok with it.


The rash got much worse! This was Wednesday morning after a shower with Daddy. Her face, back and belly looked as bad as her legs. :( Meanwhile, she caught a cold, right as she quit the Amoxicillin. Lovely. At least the goopy eyes are behind us [for now], but she's had a runny nose every since. Poor baby. :(


On a happier note: these books arrived from Amazon last week. I hardly every buy books. Love books, but hate clutter! I do buy kids' picture books now and then, but they read them over and over and over, and are almost like toys in our home.


I've been wanting to order the 8 Great Dates book since I read Bringing Up Girls last summer, and Dr. Dobson recommended it. One thing leads to another, and you see on Amazon, "People who bought 8 Great Dates also bought these other books:" So that is how the other Dannah Gresh book and the Vicki Courtney books got added to my cart. Hee! Julia saw the stack of books on the counter and right away started looking through them. I told her, "Stop it!" LOL She got a big smile, and said Mrs. B, her friend Lorin's mom, has those books...(Dannah Gresh's). I've caught her a couple other times trying to peek in those "mom" books and told her I have to read them first! ;)

Art Treasury
book: saw this on someone's blog, and thought it looked neat. Lauren and I are going to make one of the projects today. Also saw Expressive Photography on another blog. Had that in my cart a couple months and decided just to buy it. :)

The Hymns book: my kids like hymns. They like new CDs. I thought it'd be good for them to learn stories behind some of them. We've listened to the CD several times already, and they like it.

One Thousand Gifts
: Came across this book on several sites. Read the excerpt on Amazon and was intrigued. Started reading the author's blog, and thought I should have the book.

The only ones I've started reading is the Little book. It's good so far! We've read one of the hymn stories, and Lauren, Julia, and I looked through the entire art book. Looking forward to the rest!

These are the cute Valentine's chocolates I gave the kids. Brian made each of them a Valentine, and a bunch of coupons for me. They get creativity from their Daddy, too!

And, Caroline's rash is much better. She'll lift her shirt now and then, showing her belly, and say, "My dots are gone." ;)

No comments: