Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Sweethearts

The kids and I did make heart cutout cookies on Monday. They had SO much fun, especially decorating the cookies. They got a little bored with the cutting-out part, and I ended up finishing that up. The counter, floor and barstools were such a mess when they were through. They used an entire bottle of the heart sprinkles (seen on Austin's cookie), and those were not even the only sprinkles we used! Sprinkle crazy, they were. :D Julia will have a Valentine's party tomorrow at school. She got her Valentines all ready to go at church Friday night, where we went to scrapbook. In February they have the daughters come, and she loved that!! I get a Starbucks coffee before I go, and this time she got one too (well, a kids hot chocolate). Brian and I plan to go out for dinner tomorrow night. Our church has parents night out, where they watch the kids for free for 3 hours, and the parents can go on a date. Lauren is sick with a cold and nasty cough, though, so we are going to have to see how she is doing (we missed it last year b/c she was sick!). We just keep passing the different colds around, here... :P





I don't know if you can see well in this picture, at this size, but every one of them has frosting on their face!!


The kids and I are going to fly up to WA for spring break, and Brian is going to paint the family room while we are gone. We figured that would be good timing, since they wouldn't be playing in there. I need to choose a paint color yet. The family room and Austin's room desperately need to be painted, as we didn't do them 3 years ago when we painted most of the rooms. The builder's painter did an ok job, but the paint was sprayed on very thinly, and has worn off (or gotten banged into and chipped off...ahem...) in lots of places. I have to pick out bedding for Austin before I choose a color for his room, so maybe if I do that, and it comes in time before our trip, Brian can paint his room too. But the family room for sure.

I've been looking at wall units for storage in there. Right now it is such a hodgepodge of stuff. Our old dining table and two chairs, our old glider rocker and ottoman, our old entertainment center (bought at WalMart when we moved into our apartment, oh, 9 1/2 years ago.), plus the coffee and end tables set that came with our couch set that we stuck in the family room, plus two 2004 bankers file boxes Brian brought home from work for us to pack stuff in in the move to this house! Those boxes are handy for drawers, but not "pretty"! Anyway. I like this system, some parts of it, and maybe a hutch from the larger system, but not the price. Ouch! I also found this one in my online searches, in white, and again, some parts, not the whole thing they show. I'm going to keep looking, and see what else is out there.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Their cookies look yummy! LOL at using all the sprinkles. I like both of those entertainment systems/units you showed. I say "ouch" on the price like you (esp. PB). I've heard from a couple of different friends that PB's quality just isn't that great for the price too.

I really, really, REALLY need to blog!! LOL Okay, gotta go back to house cleaning for now. Our babysitter is coming tonight so I need to get the house cleaned (besides the obvious reason of just needing to do it as well).