Friday, May 30, 2008

Fun Park and Fannie Goat

I have been cleaning out the kids' closets and rooms and organizing everywhere! I told Brian I am psycho-nesting. LOL As usually happens when organizing, things have to get worse before the get better. It is starting to drive me a little crazy having boxes of stuffed animals and toys in our master bedroom. But the girls' room is not set up yet, so I don't want to move toys, etc., etc., etc., back in until it is ready for that stuff. The kids were watching Madame Blueberry (Veggie Tales) the other day and I just had to laugh about her with all her stuff, thinking about us with all our stuff! ;) We have thrown a lot away and also put a lot in the garage to possibly have a garage sale next year (I know, last year I said no more, but this would be a BIG garage sale!!).

Having toys in the master bedroom is such a new thing for Lauren (though Brian and I are not crazy about having the dollhouse, stuffed animals, Little People, etc. in our room!). But she's rediscovering toys. This week it was the Fisher Price Little People barn and amusement park. We actually have a book about the same FP amusement park, with the same FP Little People in the illustrations, and they call it the fun park (hence my title...). I collected Pampers Points when Julia was a baby, from all the boxes of diapers we bought her. They had a program going on where you could get free toys, depending on the number of points you collected, and one of our free toys was this fun park.

I took all these pictures yesterday. Lauren said the Little People blonde boy was Austin and the black-haired Oriental girl was Lauren. She was also making these two horses kiss. Mmm-mwah! Not exactly sure why they were kissing...




Just a couple cute close-ups



A funny picture: my view looking down, these days... ;) Julia asked why I took a picture of my foot.... I had my 34-week doctor visit today and all is going well. I'm always thankful for the non-eventful appointments! Brian and I figured tonight it costs about $10 for me to drive up to San Luis Obispo and back. Just one trip to the doctor! Yikes! We stopped at Vons to get a few groceries afterwards, and noticed their cheapest gas is $4.21/gallon!! And that is pretty much the lowest price in the area, +/- a very few cents.


Lauren reading her Bible story book. Although she said she was reading about Hama and Antonis. Not exactly sure where she came up with that either.




Julia only has 9 1/2 more days of school! Last night was the second-grade play. Three classes performed Three Nanny Goats Gruff, based on the Three Billy Goats Gruff story. Julia was SO excited for the play to come. She reeeeeally wanted the part of Fannie Goat, because Julia said it would be her first *long* solo, as Fannie had to sing a whole song. Well, she got the part! The kids had to very loosely audition. There was only one girl solo part and one boy solo part. Mrs. F told Brian last week at Open House that Julia did an excellent job singing her solo (during practices), and that she had perfect pitch, "which is not always the case." :) Well, it wouldn't have been the case with me. But Julia does have a very nice singing voice and *did* do a wonderful job at the play! I asked if she was nervous, and she said she wasn't. She sang clearly and "out" and completely on key.

The kids who were goats (most of the chorus) were supposed to wear white shirts and blue pants tucked into white knee socks or soccer socks. Weeeell, we are rule followers (first born mom and dad and daughter and all...:D ), so that is what Julia wore. You can see some of the other kids interpreted the costume suggestion a bit differently. ;) Of course it all turned out just fine, though, and the play was very cute.




Tomorrow Brian plans to take the van in to get smog-checked. I want to clean the carpets as they are getting really nasty! I told the kids this afternoon that I plan to clean them, and Austin said, "Yeah! Look at all those dirty spots!" Hee hee. I agree, and spots on the carpet really annoy me! Before we had the carpet cleaner I would go around and clean *every* spot or spill by hand. Do not like to see them!

No comments: