Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Mother's Day, Hot Days, and Today

The Saturday before Mother's Day Julia and I went to the Mother's Day brunch at church. Julia was so excited to go and kept calling it a teaparty. A week ahead of time she planned what she was going to wear. She said she had to wear a fancy dress, and chose her Easter dress. She also told me I had to wear a pretty dress. I told her I didn't have one that would fit my big tummy and she told me I had to wear a skirt then, no pants!

Brian took this picture of the kids and me after church. He took 60!! =/- to get about 3 good shots! Also, we went out for lunch at a Mexican restaurant, Old Juan's Cantina.


Cards and gifts: Julia was sooo excited about the Mother's Day present she was making at school and had me open it Friday night at dinner; she could not wait! It was the pillow here. The kids had to draw with crayons on the fabric, then their teacher ironed the drawing and sewed the front and back together. The kids had to stuff the pillows and whipstitch them shut. I asked Julia if the picture was of her cleaning the cat box. She said no, that it is me doing the laundry! :D I could tell she'd drawn our fireplace with the candles, etc. on the mantle, and wondered about the cat box. Laundry does make more sense, as that is where I fold it! She also made the pop-up card at school. She gave me the petunia after church--the kids had decorated the cup and the little people sticks. She made it look like herself. Austin gave me the lily and MMMMMMMMMMM paper with those doily triangles from Sunday School, and he made the card at Cubbies. The paper flowers are crafts Julia had Austin and Lauren make one day!! And Austin made the other MMMMMM card that day too. Brian gave me a digital picture frame, but it had to be returned as the screen was damaged. The best gift from him was having him paint our main bathroom! It looks SO much better, and so pretty. I just love the color! Pictures of that to come soon.


Last Thursday - Sunday we had a heatwave. It was very, very, VERY hot, in the 90s!! I felt like I was drinking, drinking, drinking all day long and still getting some swelling. It was just so hot! Finally Monday was cool and I could get my ring off again. ;) Friday the kids went in the pool and sprinkler. They loved it, except for Lauren who didn't want to get water on her head. She liked the pool ok.






And of course some ice cream to help cool everyone off.


Silly kids--said they were going on a trip to visit Grandpa and Grandma. Lauren was driving them all, or at least trying... Julia is sitting on the back of the car here, and you can only see Austin's elbow sticking out b/c he is trying to help Lauren move the car by pushing it!


Saturday I went to an all-day scrapbook event at church. It was a lot of fun, and I got a lot done! My friend Teri brought this Bitty Baby doll to give to Lauren, as her daughter doesn't play with it anymore. Lauren looooves Bitty Baby. She named it Baby Emiwy (Emily). Lauren was hugging her and said, "Mmmm I wuv Bitty Baby! She is my favorite toy!" (For now anyway...) This afternoon we made pudding for a snack, and I told Lauren she had to eat her apricots from lunch first. I told her I was putting her pudding in the fridge until she ate them up. She told me, "That is NOT a good plan!" (Though it sounded more like, "Dat is NOT a dood pan!" :D She was quite serious, too! She did eat the apricots and soon got her pudding.


The other day Austin was drawing pictures and asked me how many legs a starfish has. I told him they have five, and he continued the conversation, telling me, "Jellyfish have 200 legs!" I asked, "They do?" He replied, "Yep! The Bible says so!" Then today he was hungry for a snack, after the pudding. I asked him if he wanted some nuts. He asked, "Like tissues?" I said, "Pistachios?" And indeed, pistachios are what he wanted! At bedtime Austin told Julia, "I felt the baby kicking today." He had, while we read stories at naptime. Julia said, "Oooh, I bet that hurt you...", a bit sarcastically, as I think she was jealous! He replied, "Nope. It felt like bump, bump, bump..."


Austin and Lauren played outside in the dirt this morning. They had fun constructing things with the garden stakes. Austin made this "A for Austin". When Lauren heard that, she right away said, "I make an L for Lauren!" And she did.


Not exactly sure what this is. Julia saw this picture when I was going through them earlier and asked Austin what it was, a teepee? He said he didn't know either! Quite the contraption, anyway.

No comments: