Monday, June 30, 2008

Things Have Changed

Just a little.... I've had Brian take pictures of me periodically through this pregnancy (as we did with the others). Thought I might as well share them. :) And yes, I'm facing the wrong way in two of them. Why? Well, that is a good question. That is just the way things go around here... You can click on the "chart" to make it bigger, although then it is a little too big, at least for my screen...


And a couple of others: the self portrait was at almost 34 weeks, and the B&W Brian took last week, at 37 1/2 weeks.


One more from last week...I better never see my waist measure 46" again! :D


Lots of pregnancy notes to follow, mostly for me to remember how things were....
People ask me all the time these days how I'm doing. Yesterday we had a BBQ with our Sunday School class, and one friend said that I look too happy to be having a baby in a couple weeks. I get comments like that, along with some people saying I don't look nearly that far along. Some say their friend, sister, daughter, etc., is due the same time and they are much bigger than me. On the other hand, one of my very good friends told me a couple weeks ago that I did not look like I had a month to go as I already looked so big! (Thanks a lot! Hee hee) Although she is a petite little thing, like 5', and just little. And there was a lady at the restaurant we went to on the hot hot Friday night, who said, "Three more weeks?! Oh mama..." Like she didn't think there was room to grow anymore. It really is quite funny the different perspectives everyone has! My doctor hasn't said one way or the other, just that every time I get measured he says things look good, which is most important!

I really cannot complain about this pregnancy though. With all of them I have enjoyed being pregnant. With Julia I had no nausea whatsoever, just was tired the first three months and some smells bothered me (but never enough to throw up, thankfully). With Austin the first trimester symptoms were a little worse, and they were a little worse with Lauren, and a little worse yet with this one. With Austin I had sciatic nerve pain, thankfully only that time! This time around I have had no backaches! Every other time I have, and Brian has even commented how he had to rub my back with the other babies, but not this time. I think the walking to school and back every day really had a lot to do with that. But maybe this baby is just sitting differently too. ?? I can, however, tell that my joints are a lot looser, and earlier, this time. I have felt for several weeks now like one of those skeletons you see at Halloween that are just held together with brads, their bones swinging all over the place! I have been able to sleep fairly well, just this last week has started to become more uncomfortable, where several nights I've gone out in the middle of the night to sleep on the couch, just because it is softer and feels better! My favorite part of being pregnant, every time, is feeling the baby move and have hiccups. That is just fun, and I like to imagine what parts are doing the moving. I also like getting the big round tummy. It is hard and round for quite awhile, and then sadly when the baby is born, not firm at all. ;)

1 comment:

Leslie said...

You look so good - very cute! I enjoyed being pregnant. Last time, huh? ;) I'm happy for you, that baby is healthy and that you are feeling good. I felt great when pregnant with Andrew and I attribute that to me working out three days a week right up until the morning I was having contractions. :) Tell me the plans when you get them - like if they'll induce you.

You can switch those two photos the opposite direction in PSE. ;)