Sunday, August 31, 2008

Seven Weeks and Saturday

Caroline was seven weeks, Thursday the 28th.






Look at that little silly, sticking her tongue out! Austin absolutely adores her. He happily greets Lauren when he gets in the van after school, and is eager to see Caroline too, giving her big hugs.


This has been such a busy, busy week, recovering from vacation and starting school at the same time. I had to go grocery shopping to restock the fridge and pantry, I had my 6-week dr. appointment Wednesday morning, Back-to-School Night was Thursday. Every day we've run to school twice in the afternoon, at 2 to pick up Austin, then again at 3:15ish to get Julia. It is so ridiculous how they have the Kindy kids get out at 2, only an hour and 15 min. before the big kids! Next week, and most days following, Austin will be going to Rec, the afterschool childcare program. I'll pick him up at 3:15 with Julia. Rec is free (somehow the school has a grant to pay for it), it's only the Kindergarteners for that hour, and I think he'll have fun, playing on the playground and getting a little snack. And Lauren will get a nap at a better time (1-3:15 instead of at 12 noon or late, after school). Friday I took all the kids to get their handprints made in clay, a ceramic plaque with each of their handprints on it, at 4pm. I'd tried to do it before school started, but the lady was on vacation, then we were, and it didn't work out till now.

And of course I had a mountain of laundry to do. Thankfully I did all that laundry the last day of our trip! I tackled the mountain yesterday, and have baskets piled with new mountains of clean clothes to sort and fold. Brian wanted corn on the cob for Labor Day, and it is better from the Avila Barn than the grocery store, so we went there for an outing yesterday morning. We bought a lot of fresh produce from their market: summer squash, cherry tomatoes, green beans, and corn for last night and tomorrow. We also bought Wasabi peanuts--those things are addicting! Spicy at first, but then it goes away fast, and they are yummy! The kids shared a couple of giant cookies, and Brian and I each chose a big muffin for a treat. Of course the kids wanted to feed the animals...



Isn't this baby goat cute? They had several babies, born July 14. I wanted to get the girls in their matching blouses, too. We had to be quick as the wooden boxes were kind of rickety, and I didn't trust them sitting on them for too long, especially with Julia holding the baby!


We ended up getting some lunch at Taco Bell around 2. Then we headed to Big 5 to buy Austin some soccer shoes. Another busy day, but fun.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I am so jealous of the super cute matching clothes you get for your girls. Sweet!