Yesterday afternoon the kids picked the apples from the Fugi tree. We had two planter boxes full, about the same as the Gravensteins! These are the most apples we've had so far, from these trees. We planted them the summer we moved in, four years ago. Yesterday Brian and I peeled and cored the last box of Gravensteins to make a big pot of applesauce. I was SO glad he helped! I hope to make an apple pie or crisp with some of the Fujis this week. Lauren wants to help, so I think that might be a good project for us while the bigger kids are at school.
Lauren wanted her picture with the baby. I don't think Caroline liked being in the grass.
Back in the house she was happier. :)
She sure is a lucky girl to have such a doting big brother! He adores her, and every day after school he gives her a big hug. He tells her things like, "Your big brother is back from school!" or "How's my baby?"
1 comment:
I have to say that it melts my heart how Austin loves Caroline. I know it does yours too! SO SO sweet!!! I sort of wish we had an apple tree or two. Oddly enough when I had my recent allergy tests done this summer it came back that I'm allergic to apples. He said I could eat them cooked though. Not sure what they do to me. ??? I know sometimes when I've eaten them my mouth feels sort of raw. I need to scan and email you some recipes I just tore out of a Ladies Home Journal magazine. I just NOW did it! LOL They sounded REALLY good (all apple recipes).
Post a Comment