Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Little Boys

Today when I met Austin and Julia at the Kindergarten playground to pick them up from school, Austin said, "The teacher wants to talk to you." I asked why, and he replied, "I peed in the dirt." This immediately got Julia's attention, and she had a perplexed look on her face, trying to figure this one out. I asked Austin, "Did you have an accident and wet your pants?" He said, "No. I had to go potty really bad and didn't think I would make it to the bathroom so I peed in the dirt." Me: "You pulled your pants down and peed in the dirt?" (Yes, I was trying to figure it all out as well, and yes, that's exactly what he did!) I asked if the teacher saw him, or if he told the teacher, or if another kid told her. Austin: "Well, Faith was looking for worms in the dirt, and she saw me, but she didn't tell." I asked him where he went, and he pointed to a shed on the side of the play area and said, "Over there...". I went and apologized to the teacher who said she was going to call me, but figured I'd be picking Austin up any minute. She also said she asked Austin why he did it, and he wouldn't tell her! I don't know why he thought this was a good idea in the first place! We talked about it, and he agreed he wouldn't do that again, on the Kindergarten playground!


Before dinner: these two were building castles.


The pic with the play gym is from Sunday. Caroline is becoming increasingly interested in it, and of course any "new" toy is interesting to the others as well!


1 comment:

Leslie said...

ROFL at Austin. Are you laughing about it yet? LOL He looks so big in that photo of him w/Lauren.