Tuesday, July 28, 2009

That's a Big Windmill...

I took the kids to Windmill Farms for an outing July 16. I've been trying to take them fun places, even if it's just the park, this summer. Especially since we didn't do much of that last summer with Caroline being born. First we went in the little store and the lady working gave the kids each a basket of animal food (mushy apricots, lettuce, cabbage, etc.).

Austin told me to take a picture of these chicks. He loved the chicks! He kept saying in the sweetest voice, "Awwww... they're so cute!"



Feeding the animals: Julia: "He licked me!!"



Austin and Lauren were checking out the old tools hooked on the building walls. Julia was watching a kitty inside that window.



Austin thought he better pound one of those sticking-out nails back in the wall. With that drill bit. It does kind of look like a hammer. ?? Yes, I did tell him to stop playing with the old tools right after this picture. And, the girls in their new tops. Another project I stayed up late sewing. I saw the idea online and thought I could make up my own pattern. That kind of thinking always takes longer than originally believed. Don't want to make a mistake!


A group picture... and the group gazing up at the big, big windmill.


The group picked out a chocolate chip scone and I chose an apricot scone from the little store before we left. We all shared both of them. They also got honey sticks, but Julia ended up with two, as Austin didn't like his. It was orange flavored, and sour, I guess. Julia said it was sour too, but not too sour to eat.

No comments: