Saturday, March 27, 2010

Daily December Album

I saw Daily December or Journal Your Christmas albums on several blogs/sites I look at. I thought the idea sounded fun. And of course all the projects were neat to see. I was convinced I needed to make my own. This album was one of my favorites. Here is my album, finished.


My whole book is over 50 pages, if you include all the smaller insert pages. I covered Thanksgiving through Jan. 6. Here are some of the pages:
I saw someone else made a page using a Starbucks cup and loved that idea! Fun!


I used my Cricut a ton, especially for titles, but also cut this scalloped circle page. And many brackets, shapes, and designs.


I used one red or black circle verb sticker for each day. They each have a verb, and a little quote/inspirational phrase.










First set of Christmas Eve pages:


Christmas Day--There are several more covering Christmas Day, too, including two pages covering each kid.




End of the year...


New Year's goals


Christmas Magic and, Next Year, Remember to...

Packing up all the decorations


Very last page in the book


The cover of the book. I made the album using bookboard. I painted the inside covers red and glued pretty paper over the front and back, then Modge-Podged the covers so they'll be a little more protected. The pages are 8"x 8" in the page protectors. The pages w/out protectors are about 9 1/4" x 8". I used red binder rings to hold the whole works together.


If I do this again, I'll do it more simply. I think I'll only make one page a day, and try to make the pages as the days come, not do the whole thing after Christmas. I think I made it too involved this time. It was a fun project, and I do love how it turned out! If you want to see the rest of it, well, you'll have to come visit. :)

No comments: