
We sampled strawberries dipped in chocolate. There was this bike to pedal to see how high you could move the ball in the box. Kind of like the carnival game where you hit something and try to ring the bell. There were soil and viticulture displays. There were calves to pet. And horses outside to see. At one exhibit we got a free little cup of ice cream for guessing cheeses correctly.

The kids got to pet and hold baby chicks. Sadly, when Lauren had enough holding hers, she just dropped it on the floor! Poor little chick cheep-cheeped about it, too! I don't know why she did that!


We earned our chocolate--and ate it. ;) Michael and Carol-Ann went to explore other parts of the campus while Brian and I stayed with the kids in a kids area. They all got pictures painted on their hands.


They all got balloon creations: Julia's was a cat bracelet, and Caroline had a ladybug bracelet. Austin chose a sword, and Lauren wanted one too, so they could play pirates. She was quite upset when parts of hers started popping before we even got home!

The big kids bounced in a bounce house for a long time, while I hung around with Caroline at this bubble area. She dumped over one plate of bubbles. Oooops! She liked seeing the bubbles, but didn't know how to blow them. She did try to taste them...

There was this booth, where kids could make structures with coffee stirrers and gumdrops or marshmallows. All our big kids made houses. Caroline was busy climbing on the chairs, and trying to sneak gumdrops and marshmallows to eat. Forget building a structure!

We met up with our friends for lunch. See the pile of coffee stirrers? And the stick in Lauren's hand? She's about to gobble up that gumdrop. Which is what happened to all the candies. So much for the houses! Julia's started to break, anyway, when Caroline grabbed at it, trying to steal the candy. Stinker! I bought a fruit cup while Carol-Ann went to get tri tip sandwiches for Brian and herself. I went to order one, after I bought my fruit, and the fraternity guys running the booth told me it would be 5-10 minutes. I returned in 5-10 minutes, and still had to wait! Finally the meat was cooked. So lunch ended up taking awhile! We had to go home afterwards, because Austin had a baseball game. There were a lot more exhibits and booths we could have seen, but ran out of time. We wished we could have stayed longer to explore more!

Below is a picture of Julia in this tractor booth. They would ask you a question, and if you got it right, you'd get a piece of candy. Of course Austin and Lauren were willing! But Julia, not so much. She was afraid she wouldn't know the answer! I talked her into it. And the question each kid had to answer?
What is something that grows on a farm in California? Austin answered cows. Lauren said carrots, and Julia said strawberries. Lauren was very proud of herself for guessing correctly! ;)
Michael and Carol-Ann stayed at Cal Poly. Brian took Austin to baseball while I stayed home with the girls, so the two little ones could take a nap. When Austin got home, I took him to his friend Solomon's birthday party, and I headed to church to scrapbook till 9 pm! I was tired out, though, and only got a little done. Oh well. At least it's a little progress. And it was fun to visit with my friends, of course.

The big kids bounced in a bounce house for a long time, while I hung around with Caroline at this bubble area. She dumped over one plate of bubbles. Oooops! She liked seeing the bubbles, but didn't know how to blow them. She did try to taste them...

There was this booth, where kids could make structures with coffee stirrers and gumdrops or marshmallows. All our big kids made houses. Caroline was busy climbing on the chairs, and trying to sneak gumdrops and marshmallows to eat. Forget building a structure!

We met up with our friends for lunch. See the pile of coffee stirrers? And the stick in Lauren's hand? She's about to gobble up that gumdrop. Which is what happened to all the candies. So much for the houses! Julia's started to break, anyway, when Caroline grabbed at it, trying to steal the candy. Stinker! I bought a fruit cup while Carol-Ann went to get tri tip sandwiches for Brian and herself. I went to order one, after I bought my fruit, and the fraternity guys running the booth told me it would be 5-10 minutes. I returned in 5-10 minutes, and still had to wait! Finally the meat was cooked. So lunch ended up taking awhile! We had to go home afterwards, because Austin had a baseball game. There were a lot more exhibits and booths we could have seen, but ran out of time. We wished we could have stayed longer to explore more!

Below is a picture of Julia in this tractor booth. They would ask you a question, and if you got it right, you'd get a piece of candy. Of course Austin and Lauren were willing! But Julia, not so much. She was afraid she wouldn't know the answer! I talked her into it. And the question each kid had to answer?
What is something that grows on a farm in California? Austin answered cows. Lauren said carrots, and Julia said strawberries. Lauren was very proud of herself for guessing correctly! ;)
And then a cute picture of Caroline with her daddy, after lunch.
Michael and Carol-Ann stayed at Cal Poly. Brian took Austin to baseball while I stayed home with the girls, so the two little ones could take a nap. When Austin got home, I took him to his friend Solomon's birthday party, and I headed to church to scrapbook till 9 pm! I was tired out, though, and only got a little done. Oh well. At least it's a little progress. And it was fun to visit with my friends, of course.



No comments:
Post a Comment