And I was clueless. I looked blankly at her, and asked the only thing I could, "Why?"
She nods, knowingly, and whispers, "Field trip!"
Oh yeah! It was on my calendar, I just forgot all about it, as did Lauren, with our trip to WA. Julia missed a field trip, her second 4-H meeting, and selling baked potatoes at the 4-H booth at Octoberfest, in the park when we were on our trip. Oh well. That's how it goes.
Anyway, I raced home and grabbed a few things, then Caroline and I headed off to the Avila Valley Barn to meet up with Lauren's class. As it was, we arrived plenty ahead of them. Caroline liked walking around looking at the animals. She gets so excited seeing the goats and chickens, especially.
I like these big pumpkins they had set up.

A group picture of Lauren's class. Those little kids are so cute!

The kids ran through the hay maze and ate their lunches before we all got on the hay wagon to go out to the pumpkin patch. I thought it was neat how the fog was deciding to burn off/come in, kind of just hovering behind the trees.

A classmate's mom took this of the girls and me on the hay wagon.

All the Kindergarteners could pick a sugar pumpkin and a mini pumpkin. Here Lauren is with hers. And with her friend, Braelyn, in the second picture.

And a couple cute ones of Caroline. She liked being included with the big kids.


I took Lauren home with me, which she was not happy about! She wanted to ride the bus back with her class! We picked out some mini gourds and pumpkins for our mantle at home.
A few days after the field trip, I noticed a wet spot under Lauren's sugar pumpkin, on the table. It had started rotting! We hadn't seen any problems with it at the patch. I carved off the moldy/rotten part, then cooked up the rest. I pureed it in the food processor, and Caroline and I made pumpkin bread with part of the puree. Lauren was proud that her pumpkin was used in that yummy bread! :) This morning we used up the rest of the puree in pumpkin pancakes for breakfast.
A few days after the field trip, I noticed a wet spot under Lauren's sugar pumpkin, on the table. It had started rotting! We hadn't seen any problems with it at the patch. I carved off the moldy/rotten part, then cooked up the rest. I pureed it in the food processor, and Caroline and I made pumpkin bread with part of the puree. Lauren was proud that her pumpkin was used in that yummy bread! :) This morning we used up the rest of the puree in pumpkin pancakes for breakfast.

No comments:
Post a Comment