Sunday, November 28, 2010

Season Wrap-Up

I had a bunch of pictures in my Blog folder. For whatever reason, they never got posted, probably b/c they are just random shots. I wanted to share them before we get too far into the Christmas season! They are mostly from Sept. and Oct., with a few Nov. pictures at the end.

Busy girls: Caroline is my big helper during the day when she's the only kid at home. ;) I let the girls draw outside one afternoon when it was warm--of course that was fun, something different. Notice Lauren wearing two Silly Bands.

When I make coffee, Caroline tells me, "Smell de aroma!" And expects me to let me sniff my coffee, just like Grandpa taught her! Here she's enjoying some end-of-summer fruit...


Caroline is such a character! Do you like her knee socks? Her borrowed shoes? One day I was coughing quite a bit, and she told me, "Mommy got a hairball." Oh boy. She also likes to point out one particular mole on my face. She touches it with one little finger, and says about the mole, "He's okay. I pet him gentle!"


My big helper again: She loves helping me cook and bake. She gets so excited pouring/scooping/dumping the ingredients. She likes helping crack eggs, too, "Tap, tap, crack!"


Chocolate chips are so tempting. She couldn't resist sneaking a few--a few handfuls, that is, while I took her picture!


When it was still warm, Caroline and I would go out to water the plants in pots most days. That was so much fun for her. Don't let that sour face fool you--she loved watering the plants, not being interrupted for pictures!


Caroline keeps busy while the big kids are at school: she tries her best to be
gentle and careful with their toys. Meaning, she's not purposefully destructive.
She does break plenty of Lego creations, which Austin yells about! She's been
known to disturb Barbie houses and doll set-ups too.

If I ask her about any cut or scrape on her, "Where did you get that?", she'll answer, "Hurt a coffee table." Every "owie" she gets, it happened like that, "Hurt a coffee table."
One day she said sadly, "My feelings hurt." She pointed to her shoulder, and said, "Dey hurt wright dere..."

Another day she told me, "I got a pwroblem." I asked, "What's your problem?" She replied, taking my hand, "Let's go find it..."


Some of the last popsicles, while the weather was warm.


Lauren drew that "Funny Man" (what Caroline calls him), and traced her own hands and feet to glue on the man's body. It was supposed to look like a scary Halloween man, and it's still hanging up on my pantry door!


Modeling sunglasses


Pretty Lauren... I don't care if they pick these blue daisies, as we have a ton of them!


See, Caroline has more daisies. Austin's doing homework. Love his footstool. ;)


He's not allowed to do homework in the family room anymore, b/c he left his pencils laying around too many times. Our Big Helper gets into them and scribbles on walls, books, tables... The last straw was when he left a black Marks-A-Lot pen at his "homework station". Thankfully I found that before Caroline!


Sweet little pumpkins


Every year, thousands of Monarch Butterflies migrate from the north to spend their winter in Pismo Beach. One day when we were outside, there were two butterflies flying lazily around our blue salvia bushes. They were so fun to watch, as they swooped through the air, then landed on the plants.


I really enjoy the change of seasons and seeing my kids' new clothes. Lauren was so pleased with her "horsey shirt". She wanted her picture taken with Manny. Though Manny has since been renamed "Penny". :) The kids played with the horse so much its sound-maker fell out!


Caroline plays baby dolls quite often these days. Here she's reading Our Daily Bread to her baby. She calls it her Bible.


Getting a horsey ride from Daddy. And playing Mommy again. Using her new birthday stroller this time. The one above was broken from too many kids sitting in it and has been thrown away!


Picture 1: Julia's collection of Silly Bands... We took her to the Dollar Tree one Saturday in Sept. so she could get some Silly Bands with her allowance money. The kids at school were collecting and trading them, and Julia wanted in on the fun. It was fun while it lasted anyway, as too many kids were distracted with the bracelets during class. Now Silly Bands aren't allowed at school.

Picture 2: Lauren was beyond excited to get to go to the Awana store, since she's in Sparks now. One of the things she bought on her first trip there: these movie star glasses.


Lauren's teacher said Lauren is a good listener and a hard worker. And that she's a sweetheart, which is most important. :) Lauren is always eager to do her homework, just like Julia and Austin. Though hers is decidedly more fun!

One day Lauren came home from school after having a substitute, and told me, "That teacher needs to go to speech! She couldn't say our names right!"

She's learning to read and spell many, many short-vowel words. Caroline thinks she's learning to read too.


So many Legos sit on the family room floor. I am constantly stepping on those little pieces, and they hurt my feet! Austin plays with them all, so I hate to make him pick them all up, when he's gotten his "story" started.


These one-dot pieces have gotten vacuumed a few times. I can't bear for them to be thrown in the trash, when I know Austin uses them (and how much it would cost to replace them! ;) ), so I dig them out of the lint and cat hair if that happens! Who else does that?!


Austin's dinosaur skeletons he bought at the Awana store, intermixed with his Lego fighter guys and his own collection of Silly Bands.

No comments: