Thursday, November 11, 2010

Sparks Outing

October 24, Sunday afternoon, Austin and Lauren had a Sparks outing for Awana. Austin decided he wanted to stay home, so Brian took Lauren. She was very excited to go and had no intention of skipping the trip! The outing was at Windmill Farms.

First the kids fed the animals.


They got to plant a broccoli seedling. I'm happy to report that Lauren's is still alive! She really needs to plant it in the dirt though--it's just sitting in it's paper cup on the patio. Lucky for the plant, we've had several days with rain. It even rained during their outing--see the kid with the umbrella? ;) Our friend Shirley works at Windmill Farms and is the one helping Lauren with her plant.


All the Sparkies got to choose a pumpkin. I love the stem on Lauren's! Brian told me Shirley had said the same thing! :) The second picture I took after church (and lunch at Chili's), before Lauren got ready for the outing.


Since it was such a wet, dreary, cold day, Brian and Lauren surprised all the rest of us with Starbucks drinks they picked up on their way home: a pumpkin spice latte for me, a toffee mocha for Brian, and hot chocolates for all the big kids. I love those pumpkin spice lattes. Mmmm!!! And now the eggnong lattes are out, love those too!

No comments: