
These two liked seeing what Daddy was up to, putting salt in the water softener.

Austin chased Caroline around the garage on his scooter. She was giggling and laughing as she ran round and round. He's such a good brother to her, and played along, even though he's perfectly capable of whizzing right by her!

Lauren and Caroline have been playing baby dolls again. I think it's so cute to find her snuggled up with Annabelle like this. :) Lauren found Julia's Miss Rosy cat under the bed and sleeps with it now. Julia makes sure we all know it still belongs to her (no matter it's been under the bed for quite awhile)!

First family picture we've taken since Christmas (Last Sunday, the 20th). Doesn't it look like we have a 5th baby?! That's Lauren's daughter, Bitty. ;) ;)

Some of the kids wanted a picture with Daddy when I was putting the camera away.

The big kids had a half-day of school Tuesday. They liked having a free afternoon before Awana! Well, except Julia. I think she had a little free time when she read, but she has so much homework that she did that most of the afternoon. I think it's ridiculous how much homework she has! Sometimes on Awana nights she has to work on it after Awana (late!) and even the next morning if we make her go to bed. Some weeks it doesn't take so long, but that is not the norm. Lauren was being silly, and I guess Austin was too, b/c what in the world was he doing behind her?!

Caroline was taking her nap. It's nice that all the big kids can get their own snacks now. Even though they all have to climb on the counter to get them out of the snack cupboard...


My big boy getting a bowl for his Cheerios and milk.

I should also write that Austin is taking karate now. Lauren was planning to. The 1st class she cried, intimidated by not knowing what to do and afraid of doing the moves wrong. The 2nd and 3rd classes she loved, had a great time! She said she wanted to do karate every day for her whole life! The 4th class she didn't even want to attend; said she wanted to swim at Lake Open Court instead. Open Court is the name of her little readers that get sent home.
Lake Open Court is completely imagined, but Lauren had an entire plan for the day involving it, and did not want to go to karate. We went, and she refused to get off my lap and participate, crying for much of the class. Then she wanted me, and when I refused, Julia, to go out on the mat and do karate with her!! I told her I am not signing her up yet! The sensei (instructor) had suggested we try a few classes to see if Lauren really was interested in it, and apparently Lauren isn't ready to commit. ;) Maybe we'll try again next year.
Anyway, Austin really likes karate so far. It's a Christian program, with the sensei being a mom of 6--5 boys and 1 girl! The mom and daughter both have black belts, and when the mom is gone (not often), her daughter teaches. I didn't even know there were different styles of karate--it's all new to us!
March 23: I was doing laundry or something in the other part of the house, and Austin came running, telling me Caroline was drawing on the kitchen counter with a pencil. He'd taken it away, and I could hear her crying. It wasn't long before Austin was comforting her. This is soooo typical around here. He adores his baby sister!
Austin's giving her a mini lecture, ever-so-sweetly, about how we draw on paper, not on the counter. She's pondering the situation. ;)
And, soon she's happy again! Back to writing in her notebook. :)

I should also write that Austin is taking karate now. Lauren was planning to. The 1st class she cried, intimidated by not knowing what to do and afraid of doing the moves wrong. The 2nd and 3rd classes she loved, had a great time! She said she wanted to do karate every day for her whole life! The 4th class she didn't even want to attend; said she wanted to swim at Lake Open Court instead. Open Court is the name of her little readers that get sent home.
Lake Open Court is completely imagined, but Lauren had an entire plan for the day involving it, and did not want to go to karate. We went, and she refused to get off my lap and participate, crying for much of the class. Then she wanted me, and when I refused, Julia, to go out on the mat and do karate with her!! I told her I am not signing her up yet! The sensei (instructor) had suggested we try a few classes to see if Lauren really was interested in it, and apparently Lauren isn't ready to commit. ;) Maybe we'll try again next year.
Anyway, Austin really likes karate so far. It's a Christian program, with the sensei being a mom of 6--5 boys and 1 girl! The mom and daughter both have black belts, and when the mom is gone (not often), her daughter teaches. I didn't even know there were different styles of karate--it's all new to us!
March 23: I was doing laundry or something in the other part of the house, and Austin came running, telling me Caroline was drawing on the kitchen counter with a pencil. He'd taken it away, and I could hear her crying. It wasn't long before Austin was comforting her. This is soooo typical around here. He adores his baby sister!
Austin's giving her a mini lecture, ever-so-sweetly, about how we draw on paper, not on the counter. She's pondering the situation. ;)
And, soon she's happy again! Back to writing in her notebook. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment