Back to Spring Break, we went to CA Adventure April 7. Austin and Lauren on the caterpillar train. When they got off, Lauren told me, "You thought we were going to fight, didn't you? We surprised you!" Ha ha ha...so typical. It is true, Austin and Lauren pester and bicker a lot these days! Makes me want to scream!

Austin reading the map. All the kids like looking at the Disney maps--seeing where things are and where they've been before.

Brian and Lauren on the swing ride. Do you see Brian waving? I think this is my favorite ride!

This was the first time we went through the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail playground area.

Lauren was hopping and skipping along on the rope bridges. There were zip lines, and all three big kids did those and loved it! Caroline liked the slides they had. The Minnie picture was from earlier in the morning.

Caroline and me with some bears in the Redwood Creek area. 2nd picture: All the kids got treats in the afternoon. Austin and Lauren chose cotton candy, and Julia chose ice cream. Brian went off to get it for her, then brought it back while she was on a ride. It had started melting, and he had to lick quite a bit to keep it from dripping! I had to laugh at her treat, half-eaten before she even got it! At least she didn't make too much of it. ;)


We didn't feel like we got to do a ton of stuff this day. There were lots of people, plus they're doing construction in CA Adventure, so it seemed our routes were interrupted a lot, and it was kind of disjointed getting through the park. Lauren pushed the stroller for a little while.

Caroline and Lauren rode the carousel several times--when Brian and I took Julia and Austin on the big roller coaster "next door".

Here's part of the big roller coaster, California Screamin'. Last time only Austin and Brian tried it. Austin loved it! He convinced Julia she would like it, so she rode it this time, and had fun! I went once too. You go upside down in the loop by the sun, but it's so quick, I couldn't tell I was ever upside down. It was a smooth ride too, just fast, but not jerky at all.

There are a lot of cute signs around the construction areas. Here are a couple of them.

It started raining in the early evening, so we left, maybe 6:45? We got dinner at Carl's Jr. then headed back to Brian's mom's house. Unfortunately we got stuck in a huge traffic jam b/c a semi truck had tipped over on its side and was blocking several lanes of traffic! We got back in time to visit with my mom and dad and Brian's mom for awhile before bed. They'd gone to Temecula for the day. The next day my mom and dad left for their drive back home.

Caroline and Lauren rode the carousel several times--when Brian and I took Julia and Austin on the big roller coaster "next door".

Here's part of the big roller coaster, California Screamin'. Last time only Austin and Brian tried it. Austin loved it! He convinced Julia she would like it, so she rode it this time, and had fun! I went once too. You go upside down in the loop by the sun, but it's so quick, I couldn't tell I was ever upside down. It was a smooth ride too, just fast, but not jerky at all.

There are a lot of cute signs around the construction areas. Here are a couple of them.

It started raining in the early evening, so we left, maybe 6:45? We got dinner at Carl's Jr. then headed back to Brian's mom's house. Unfortunately we got stuck in a huge traffic jam b/c a semi truck had tipped over on its side and was blocking several lanes of traffic! We got back in time to visit with my mom and dad and Brian's mom for awhile before bed. They'd gone to Temecula for the day. The next day my mom and dad left for their drive back home.

1 comment:
Look! I visited your blog. No bother to check mine out, it's been a while since I've done anything. It looks like you all had a great time. Great pictures and I'm glad to read about your family again. I can't believe how big Caroline is!! Wow.
Post a Comment