Today: Kids have a minimum day of school. All their homework is done. I have Chicken Cacciatore in the slow cooker. Been doing laundry all day. Austin has karate at 5. Cleaned up yet another hairball. Pongo gets his special treats every day, but seems to be having more problems again, probably b/c spring is here and he's shedding more? Whatever, it's more nuisance and more yuck! Tired of it!
It has been so busy here, since the beginning of April. Activities and school are ending for the summer, but that means more parties and end-of-activity activities that fill up our time. Plus, I've been working like crazy cleaning out closets and rooms, finding stuff for the garage sale we plan to have the end of June. I'd hoped to have it May 14, but that didn't happen, b/c every day and/or night since April 30, we've had to run off somewhere, so I had no time to prepare! Busy!
Anyway, back to Easter: The kids dyed eggs the day before. The kit I bought this year had little paint pouches you had to squeeze into the special paint tray, then use little sponge rollers to paint the eggs. We ended up cutting the tray apart, b/c it was so little, that only one person could paint w/ it in front of them, before it was cut.

I wasn't planning to let Caroline do it, and when she realized that, she cried and cried, so sad. We covered her in her bib and apron, and let her paint too. She was so careful and really did a good job. She was so pleased to be like the big kids.

All four hard at work:

I boiled 18 eggs this year, and that's all they colored; no raw ones this time. We found out that Caroline really likes hard-boiled eggs, and she's been eating one almost every day for lunch, since Easter!

After church, Easter Sunday, our family picture. Julia and Lauren wore the dresses Lauren and Caroline have on, in 2007. Lauren is a bit taller than Julia was, and Caroline is a bit shorter than Lauren was, and the dresses worked out for them to match this year!

It was a gray (yucky lighting) day. All 4 kids, and Julia hunting eggs.

We actually let Caroline hunt a few minutes by herself. Then Lauren joined her. Then Austin, then Julia. Caroline was so sweet finding the eggs.

And Lauren was pretty sweet too. But this is how the big kids did it! Yikes! I think we need a bigger yard!!

Once Austin and Julia got in on the hunt, the eggs were found in no time!

I did make a ham dinner, but just a ham steak. We had so much going on that I didn't feel like dealing with a big ham, and picking meat of the bone for just us. ;)

1 comment:
Julia is beautiful in that picture of just her. Your back yard looks so pretty. I LOVE those pink flowers in the picture of Lauren with the egg. Looks like she and Austin were trying to get the same egg in that one picture. Ha ha.
Can you tell I'm trying to catch up on your life tonight? :) I haven't forgotten you, friend. ;)
Post a Comment