Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day

The first thing worth mentioning: Julia lost another tooth! This makes number 6 for her. It was a bottom one. She was twisting it last night, but it just wasn't ready until today. She said it was hanging by a thread. I told her it might come out when she was eating breakfast. She said, "I hope I don't think it's a peanut!" (She had peanut butter on her toast.) She twisted it and it came out before she even took a bite. Austin is very interested in her losing teeth and wanted to see the tooth and the spot where it had been in her mouth.

We went to church this morning and helped out in the elementary Sunday School program. For the elementary kids this summer we are having sort of a VBS type format for Sunday School. The kids go through 4 rotations in the hour or so: Arrival and Welcome, Bible Story, Craft Center, and Closing (where they go over the lesson and sing). We did the craft center today. There was a business meeting after church, so we went to that too. We ended up eating lunch about 2:00--didn't get home until 1:30! Brian BBQ'd hamburgers for lunch, and also chicken. I cut up the chicken for our BBQ Chicken Salad we had for supper tonight (his request). We took these pictures after lunch--everyone was fed and happy--at least for a few minutes (also naptime!).


Why the feet picture? Brian wondered that. ;) Austin asked, "Do I have to smile?" and leaned down to look in the camera. I think he couldn't figure out why he didn't have to look at the camera! I like how it turned out--mostly because I like seeing the relationship in the size of their feet, how small Lauren's look compared to Brian's, etc.


And a couple of Lauren. Awwww...look at those cheeks!


And, there's her smile! Finally got her to look up from playing with Austin's trains!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Enjoyed seeing the feet!

Leslie said...

Aw, great photos!! So are you just using black fabric for your backdrop? Looks good. Lauren does have sweet cheeks. ;)