Monday, June 4, 2007

Short Notice and a Name


This is a paper Julia took out of her backpack after school. She said they were given the sentence: "Nobody makes ______ like _____. She went on to tell me that her teacher wants to have a bake-off (I think it is more a tasting contest!) tomorrow at their end-of-the-year pizza party at the park. The kids are supposed to bring in treats they helped bake. Julia asked me, "Remember the brownies I brought to Sparks for my birthday? I want to bring those. Can you make those again, with pink frosting and sprinkles?"


This is what was finished about 9:00 tonight! Easy enough with a brownie mix, though I did make the frosting myself. Julia said there is a prize for the person who has the food chosen by the most people. They get a book full of notes from their classmates telling them what they liked about their favorite treats.


We have decided on a name for our new kitten. After much deliberation, Brian and I narrowed it down to "Domino" and "Pongo". We decided on "Pongo". This name fits the kitten very well right now, as he bounces and boings all over the place! Here he is taking a nap in Lauren's high chair. He discovered this spot this afternoon, and Lauren was surprised to find him there at supper time! When we were done eating, he made his way there again and slept in the high chair for quite awhile.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I like the name! Great choice. Different and cute.