Wednesday, the 19th we went to Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico, for that day's excursion. First we went on a city/shopping tour. We rode a bus to this building and learned about its history. There were some vendors in the courtyard, but we didn't buy anything there. Our tour guide told us to tell the vendors, "Mas barato!" I said that to one vendor, and he told me, "Mas barato, carne del gato!" Guess he didn't think much of bargaining! Haha Our second stop was an old, old winery. They still produce wine there, but soon it will be turned into a museum. Then the bus dropped us off in the main tourist shopping district. That was all we saw of the city! We were hoping to see a little more on that tour! Oh well. Some of what we did see on our busride from the fancy building to the winery looked like what you would see in poorer areas of big cities in the US. My friend had told me it was ugly in Ensenada, and like a third world country down there. I didn't think it was
that bad!

These Mexican blankets were all over the shopping area. We didn't buy any, but saw some for $5.99. I thought that was a good deal, for a blanket. We bought Julia and Lauren each a Mexican doll (this is Lauren's in the picture), and a wooden snake with notches cut out every 1/8-1/4 inch so that it curves. I bought this totebag and a brightly painted ceramic bowl for myself, and Brian bought a leather belt and an Ensenada T shirt for himself.

Brian in front of a Memorial. I *think* it was for young heroes who fought in wars....????? I'm not familiar with most of the words on the plaque.

Returning to the ship from Ensenada
No comments:
Post a Comment