Baby was getting restless, but I tried to do these "head" pictures before she woke up too much. The big kids thought it was kind of fun, I think, just laying there with me standing over them.
I thought the progression of these was funny. 1) Baby asleep, everyone smiling. 2) Uh oh...Baby startles... 3) Oh no! Baby is crying! 4) Baby calms herself, but Lauren is upset that Baby was crying! (though don't be fooled, that lasted about 10 seconds, then the photo shoot was done and Baby wanted to eat.)
The big kids also liked this. Just sit there and do whatever else they wanted--be silly, just sit, visit, etc... (Not sure I like this B&W, but no time to play more with it now)
Gave them these bugs to play with. Lauren looks like she's rescuing Caroline from the giant grasshopper. Future entomologists, maybe? ;)
And a couple of the princess by herself.

Brian is persistent. I think he might just train her to like the pacifier. Or at least tolerate it. Check out those chubby cheeks! Caroline is quite the sleeper! None of my newborns have been such sleepers. Julia was the worst daytime/nap sleeper but did well at night. Austin was a super napper. He'd fall asleep so easily, and I could nicely just lay him in bed awake and he'd go to sleep. But he did not do the best at night. He'd wake up a lot. Lauren was somewhere in the middle of those two. Pretty good napper and pretty good night sleeper.
But Caroline, oh my. She sleeps almost all day long. I have to almost always wake her up during the day to nurse. She just sleeps and sleeps and sleeps! Yesterday we went to the library. I took her out of her bed from where she was napping, changed her diaper and put her in the carseat, and she only barely glanced at me and went back to sleep. Transferred her from the carseat to the front pack and she didn't make a peep. Slept the whole time at the library. From the front pack to the carseat when we were done at the library, and still she slept. From the carseat to the bouncy seat at home, and she went on sleeping! And slept even awhile longer in there! Last night she was awake from about 11:30 to 1 am. And I said she better be awake more during the day. But, she ended up sleeping 8+ hours, from 1 am to after 9 this morning! So she slept through the night for the first time at two weeks! Which was nice for me. I hope she's nursing enough, though. We go to the doctor tomorrow, so I'll see what he says. Brian and I think she is filling out more. Some of her outfits seems smaller, as do her newborn diapers...







1 comment:
FANTASTIC photos! Love the one of them from above especially. That's great that she sleeps so well; hopefully she'll keep it up. Our internet has been down since Tues evening when we had a bad storm. Lightning struck our neighbor's house and fried his electrical box and I think got our cable (internet & TV). They were supposed to fix it today but it didn't get done correctly. I'm tethering to the laptop from Wade's mobile right now. They'll be here Monday to fix it. It's driving me crazy!! LOL The kids too. ;)
Post a Comment