Friday, August 15, 2008

Five Weeks

Not much going on here today, yet in someways a LOT was going on. I did lots and lots of packing. And the mental work of figuring out all the packing for everyone--that's the exhausting part. The actual stuffing things into suitcases isn't hard. ;) It's after midnight now, so I suppose this will post for Friday, and I really should be getting to bed. Thankfully, we've had some good nights: 7 hours last night and 8 the night before. But who knows what this night will bring! Brian is getting into the vacation groove, still awake too. We've been watching the Olympics. It irritates us that we see a bunch of swimming and beach volleyball, when we like the gymnastics better, and they don't come on until 11! Julia really wants to watch them, but that is just too late for her to stay up.

I wanted to at least post a few pictures, before I end up with a week's worth from vacation to sort through! Here is Caroline at 5 weeks... It is so fun that she's smiling at us now. Kind of the tail end of a smile in the second picture, and kind of funny, but there it is, nonetheless!


Lauren came to visit with Caroline and that was the end of Baby paying any attention to me. She adores Lauren! A Lauren story: This morning I was painting my toenails, and Lauren walked in the bathroom, and said, "I smell that fingernail polish." It was actually nail polish remover she smelled, but anyway. I said, "It kind of stinks, doesn't it?" She replied, "No, it smells gooooooooood!" as she inhaled deeply. Oh boy. Good thing the window was open at least! I clipped all the kids' nails and painted the girls' toes. Of course they had to have that done when they saw me doing mine. One of them asked Austin if he wanted his painted, and he yelled, "No!" and ran out of the room as soon as he could! (This time anyway...) :D


I thought is was cool that you can see my reflection in her eyes in this one! That doesn't happen often, and it's kind of hard to see at this size of picture, but fun, still.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

More sweet photos. I like the one that was the end of her smile. Hope you're having a great vacation!