Friday, October 31, 2008

Pumpkin Carving, 16 Weeks

We carved pumpkins Wednesday night. I wasn't planning to do much of it, as I had a sink full of dishes to wash and lunches to make and a baby to feed. However. Julia chose an intricate cat design and I ended up tracing it and then carving it, as it was too detailed for her to carve, and Brian was busy helping Austin and Lauren. At least she pulled out the gunk. Austin did too, that was exciting for him, but Lauren would have nothing to do with getting her hands messy! Julia and Austin sorted the seeds from the gunk, and I plan to roast those.






Miss Caroline was 16 weeks yesterday! She sure is changing--certainly not a newborn anymore. Brian and I think she looks a lot like Julia as a baby, yet I (and my mom) think she looks a lot like I did as a baby. Which is interesting, since I don't think Julia looks much like me at all, now, even as a little girl. Austin looks a lot like me when I was his age, just different coloring. Also, I think Caroline has the same head shape as Austin did.


If this doesn't make you smile, I don't know what will. ;)

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Love that one of Caroline smiling. I want to see Julia's pumpkin and see if it's the cat design Elizabeth picked out!!!! I have started a post about Halloween but had to get lunch for the kids. I hope to finish it this evening.