Sunday, November 16, 2008

Laurenisms

Lauren, Lauren, Lauren! She turned 3 1/2 November 6. We told her it was her half birthday that morning, and she was convinced it was the same as her "real" birthday. She asked me a few times about presents, and what kind of cake should she have. We did make snickerdoodle cookies together, and she was happy with that. She told me that she wanted to go to a birthday place for lunch, like California Pizza Kitchen. That was fresh in her memory, having just gone there a week and a half earlier for lunch after church, to celebrate Austin's birthday. CPK sends kids a postcard to get a free kids meal, and they also gave him a hot fudge sundae. I'm sure Lauren thought she should have that too!

Some recent Laurenisms:

11/4, election day: after Awana I had Brian stop at Starbucks so I could run in and get my free coffee for voting (he didn't want a plain cup of coffee if it wasn't a latte or mocha or something...). I came back to the van, and Lauren asked me, "How tum I didn't get tum tossee? I boated with the markers too..." Indeed, she received an "I Voted" sticker, as I had taken her "boating" with me that morning, and she colored with her markers in an open voting booth with a chair by it. I'm sure she saw me coloring in the bubbles on my ballot and thought she was doing the same thing!

One night Austin and I were practicing the books of the New Testament for his Awana sections. He got to 1st Peter, 2nd Peter, and Lauren pipes up, "I can do 9 Peter!" To this, Austin replied, squealing with glee, "I can do 42 Peter!"

Lauren walked in my bathroom one morning as I brushed my teeth, and asked me a question. I answered her while continuing to brush. She looked at me solemnly and said, "You need to talk like a big mommy." Guess she couldn't understand me. We often tell her she needs to talk like a big girl...

This morning as we were heading off to church: "When I am a drown up, I don't want to go to Sunday School. I want to go into church and sing with the mommies and daddies."

Last week I walked into the kitchen to see Austin and Lauren coloring with markers. I noticed some hair on the floor. Lauren had cut off a strand, about 8" long!! Instant bangs, I guess... Actually it blends in well with her other hair, thank goodness.

No comments: