Wednesday, November 19, 2008

You Know the Song...

You know the song, Deep and Wide? The other day, Lauren came in from playing and was singing:
Rose and bush, rose and bush
There's a fountain flowing rose and bush
Rose and bush, rose and bush
There's a fountain flowing rose and bush!

Then:
Rose and HMMmmm, rose and HMMmmm
There's a fountain flowing rose and HMMmmm
Rose and Hmmmm, rose and hmmmmm
There's a fountain flowing rose bush and HMMMmm! (She got a little mixed up on the last line.)

A few nights ago, Brian was going over Lauren's "extra" Under the Apple Tree section for Cubbies. They had to talk about signs of the changing seasons. He was suggesting things like the pumpkins and scarecrow on our porch, leaves changing colors, etc. Lauren was listening, and also deep in thought. Suddenly, she said, so excitedly, "I know! I know! Buffalo!" Brian paused. I was LOL in the kitchen. Buffalo. Buffalo?! How in the world did she come up with buffalo? And as a sign of the seasons changing?


Cute little baby smile


She is extremely interested in the cats!


Julia will often ask to take Caroline for a little walk.


Some cute ones from yesterday:


Oh my goodness. Check out those cheeks! And that chin!




I had fun with my breakfast group friends yesterday, though only two of them could come. The other two had other things going on. I made a hashbrown/ham/cheese/egg casserole, lemon poppy-seed scones with lemon curd, and a fruit salad.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Oh, I'm sitting here listening to George Strait. I love that movie where he sings this song I'm listening to (I Cross My Heart). *swoon* LOL Anyways! Little Miss Lauren is such a character w/her rose and bush song and buffalo signaling a change of season.

Sweet pictures of Caroline as always. I like the one of her in the basket. LOL at her cheeks and chin. The one of her laughing under that photo is just precious. You and Brian have been blessed so much with four precious, beautiful and healthy children!