Monday, January 26, 2009

Hanging Out at Home

Last Saturday we stayed home, and it was so nice to relax and not have to go anywhere. I finished taking and working on Caroline's 6-month pictures. I decided I could take my own of her, instead of going to Sears or Penney's, this time. All the kids had a nice time playing in the family room, reading, and watching movies. Often Brian or I will stick Caroline on the floor in the room where her siblings are playing. She really likes being in with them; I think she feels included, a part of what they're up to!



Random photo: Lauren took this Bible story book home from Brian's mom, as Grandma said she could. Lauren is enthralled with the story of King Solomon and almost cutting the baby in two, that the two mothers were fighting over. Oh my--she always has the book open to this story! And she wants that story read to her over and over and over again. And she "reads" it to herself, over and over and over again.


Naughty naughty Pongo eating my plant! See that poor plant?! That is what he has done to all four plants I had on that desk. Destroyed them! The healthy looking ivy is fake, or I'm sure it would be destroyed too. Look at him licking his chops!!



All the kids get baths on Saturday nights. Caroline still loves hers--she's getting big in the baby tub!



Just the sisters on Sunday. Lauren's wearing the Princess bow my friend gave us. Sometimes Lauren will say, "I'm a wittle dawling." or "I'm a wittle pincess!" or "I'm so pecious..." LOL She has a healthy self-esteem, no? Awhile ago at the grocery store, when we were shopping, she exclaimed out of the blue, "I don't want dat tood (that food)! It wooks wike GUNK!" I had to check out what she was seeing at her level, riding in the front of the cart in the little police car that's attached. She'd spotted a can of turnip greens. And I have to say I agreed with her. The picture did indeed look like gunk. :D No worries--Mama won't be buying that anytime soon. [If ever...]


Austin got this awesome set of Legos for Christmas, from my sister and brother-in-law. Over Christmas break Austin had put some of the castle together. And Julia helped him out, assembling the drawbridge. Then we got busy, went down to Brian's mom's, school started, Awana started, etc., and the castle sat. One day I told Austin to pick up the little pieces so they wouldn't get lost or vacuumed, and he started dismantling what he and Julia had put together! That was not what I meant! Saturday Brian helped Austin complete the castle. It went from this:


to this: I have to say it is a really cool set. The gate goes up and down, as does the drawbridge. There are launchers to shoot "things" at the bad guys. Very fun. He was playing with it with his Lego Coast Guard ship. Not sure how the Coast Guard and a medieval castle connect in history, but he had fun. ;)


Tomorrow my breakfast group friends are coming here, so I folded and put away laundry today and cleaned the house. I am going to make a Bisquick ham and cheese pie and Overnight Coffee Cake, and fruit. We are going to start reading this book, a chapter a week I think, and discuss it the next time we meet. Of course I will just be reading it for his sense of humor. Our kids are perfectly well-behaved. No advice needed for those angels.







:D :D :D :D LOL and KIDDING! ;)

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Funny how Lauren is so interested in the Bible story about the baby. I remember being intrigued with it as a child though. It was that strange curiosity in thinking WHAT IF they had cut the baby in half. Probably part of her fascination too.

Naughty Pongo! Good thing you don't have any poisonous plants though.

LOL at Lauren's "healthy self esteem". Too funny! My kids are the same though. Andrew talks about "how smart" he is probably once a week.

I love Legos! :) I'm always the one helping Andrew put his big sets together. The castle is cool! He and Brian did a great job.

Ha! Like the title of the book you'll be reading. You'll have to give me any pointers you learn for me to teach my "angels"!! LOL