Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Brian's Birthday, Sewing Projects

Brian's birthday was Sunday, June 14. Every year he says they put the flags out to celebrate his birthday. Hee hee... He chose to go out for lunch at Chili's after church. Our friends, Blake and Teri, happened to be there, so we all sat together, which was even more fun. Brian got a free volcano cake (a mini chocolate cake with hot fudge inside, and ice cream on top), and all our big kids and our friends' son were digging in along with Brian. I got one bite. But that was fine.

At home Brian opened his gifts, aka "Brian needs a new wardrobe". Every year he gets new clothes. Because he rarely shops for himself! He also got a DVD and a couple camping/lounge chairs. So at least something kind of fun. Plus, the day before, we'd gone out shopping for a few plants and looking at new kitchen faucets, and we bought an air compressor for Brian. We got a new pool for the kids, as our old one had holes, so it sounded like a good plan to buy an air compressor. And it is a lot nicer for inflating the pool! I told him that could be his Father's Day present. :D


Brian chose a chocolate cake with vanilla frosting and strawberries.


All three big kids started swimming lessons on the 15th. Lauren told me yesterday, very matter-of-factly, "I got to learn how to swim..." Miss Jennie said she is very relaxed in the pool, so I guess that's a good thing. Anyway, that morning, the 15th, the first day of summer vacation, the big kids were playing with Caroline while I took a shower. They were all so excited; they'd put her in the little rocking chair (without me knowing) and had to tell me come see! Lauren's blouse was another sewing project I finished the week before.


This little pillowcase dress is one I sewed for our niece, Annaliese's birthday. She is three weeks older than Caroline. It got re-ironed and wrapped right after these pictures. ;) Caroline will get her own soon enough. I found the idea on Etsy. There are tons of pillowcase dresses on there. I think they are so cute for little girls, and so easy to make!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I'm loving your sewing projects! They look like fun ones and pretty simple. The pillowcase is sooooo pretty!