Lauren is a different story. She has been loving having the old Barbies down! She's using my things and hers, having a lovely imaginary world made up for them. She has a whole family made up with Ken as Dad, Barbie as Mom, Skipper as the big sister, and a little doll that used to sit with a crocheted dress covering a roll of toilet paper, as the little sister. There are other dolls, and they come into the story as needed. Like when Lauren made them have a wedding. ;)
Austin thought these "new" old toys were interesting too. He added his own masculine twist to the story. I'm thinking that's a good thing! He had his Lego guys outside in the Barbie pool. The pool and accessories were fun, but no way was he going to use a Barbie doll! Lauren set her up in there, lounging with no clothes on. Lauren said she couldn't find a bathing suit for her, so there you go. Naked Barbie lounging with the Lego men floating on their raft. I asked Austin if they were playing tennis in the pool (b/c of the racquet), and he said, "Nooooo....I thought that was one of those things to row a boat!" An oar... But then what's up with hitting the beach ball with an oar??
An FYI, for fun: the Ken that Lauren is playing with is Animal Lovin' Ken, that is in Toy Story 3. I own the original guy from 1988! Kind of cool! He's going for a tidy sum of $$ on Ebay. But mine's not in a box. :( I do have all his clothes and the chimp, but he's been played with, and there's no box. Which makes him significantly less valuable, and also made me not too upset when Lauren broke his head off!! At least it went back on and he's no worse for the wear!
Do you have naked dolls around your house?! My girls have loads of pretty doll clothes, yet most of their dolls are naked! The babies, the knock-off American girl dolls, the Barbies... Julia keeps her AG dolls dressed. Thank goodness! Ha ha. It made for a good laugh to see Ken BBQing in his molded underwear, though. With bare Barbie lounging in the pool right there. I couldn't help but giggle, and Brian just shakes his head. He's gotten used to these scenes!!
Here's a toilet paper doll like I mentioned above. I think we had a blonde one like this too! Unless it was my grandma's?? The brown-haired one in the pool is the one I got from my mom's stuff. She was wearing the sweater in the pool, b/c again, Lauren couldn't find a suit! At least Skipper has one this time!!








No comments:
Post a Comment