So December 21, 4 days before Christmas, I thought would be a good day to do this. We've all enjoyed sleeping in. Oh, it's so nice to lounge in our warm, cozy beds much longer than usual. The kids like lounging around in their jammies late into the morning, too. Poor Brian has to get up and go to work. ;)

These two can always find something to play together.

Dressed-up feet. She chose her own shoes. ;)

Every morning I spray Caroline's hair with a little water and spray gel, to scrunch up the curls. Of course she likes to spray too. But she only gets to spray in the bathtub. Sometimes she sneaks off and sprays crazy things, like the folding chairs in the coat closet.

Bailey's such a friendly cat. He will curl up by any of the big kids if they're reading or just laying around.

Bailey is also a very naughty cat. Rarely, but enough times that we know it's intentional, he pees in a few corners of the house. We were about ready to send him to the shelter, but decided to make him go outside instead. He's declawed, so should be inside, but so far he's been ok. Austin put out the little cups of cat food, b/c I've heard cats won't pee where their food is. Grrrr!


Bailey is also a very naughty cat. Rarely, but enough times that we know it's intentional, he pees in a few corners of the house. We were about ready to send him to the shelter, but decided to make him go outside instead. He's declawed, so should be inside, but so far he's been ok. Austin put out the little cups of cat food, b/c I've heard cats won't pee where their food is. Grrrr!

The girls and I made cutout cookies.


Lauren took this picture of her art.

They took turns putting in the ingredients.


They took turns putting in the ingredients.

Austin didn't want to help until we started cutting out the cookies.


Lauren took this picture too. She said, "Oh, Julia looks so cute! Can I take her picture?" Now, Julia is cute, but Lauren has been very eager to take pictures lately, so I wonder if that was an excuse to use the camera?!
Before Caroline's nap, Austin rolled his little sisters up like a burrito.
They were laughing and giggling the whole time!

Then he tried to climb in the burrito too! Julia even joined in for awhile.

Our friends, the girls that walk to school with us in the mornings when their mom teaches, stopped by to give us this plate of cookies and pumpkin bread. Yum!

These two were horsing around, being wild and wrestling, accidently kicking presents, driving me nuts! Lauren told me, Mommy, "You need to put in a movie for us, because we can't stop wrestling!" I sent them outside for 'recess' instead. We've had rain here for 5 days in a row! I think over 8"! Thankfully it was dry for awhile so they could play outside.

Before Caroline's nap, Austin rolled his little sisters up like a burrito.

They were laughing and giggling the whole time!

Then he tried to climb in the burrito too! Julia even joined in for awhile.

Our friends, the girls that walk to school with us in the mornings when their mom teaches, stopped by to give us this plate of cookies and pumpkin bread. Yum!

These two were horsing around, being wild and wrestling, accidently kicking presents, driving me nuts! Lauren told me, Mommy, "You need to put in a movie for us, because we can't stop wrestling!" I sent them outside for 'recess' instead. We've had rain here for 5 days in a row! I think over 8"! Thankfully it was dry for awhile so they could play outside.

Julia was nicely working on a book report the whole time. This is the first year she's had homework over Christmas break.

We decorated the cookies after dinner. Austin's had a cold, and his eyes looked soooo bad! I took him to the dr. today, b/c the eye problem has lasted 3 days. He ended up needing Amoxicillin b/c of his eyes. I told him he was not allowed to touch his eyes when he was frosting cookies!! The few times he did, he caught himself and had to go wash his hands!

We decorated the cookies after dinner. Austin's had a cold, and his eyes looked soooo bad! I took him to the dr. today, b/c the eye problem has lasted 3 days. He ended up needing Amoxicillin b/c of his eyes. I told him he was not allowed to touch his eyes when he was frosting cookies!! The few times he did, he caught himself and had to go wash his hands!






No comments:
Post a Comment