Today was busy, busy! I did 7 loads of laundry, cut Julia and Austin's hair, made this strawberry pie and a broccoli salad per Brian's request for his birthday meal, and gave extra attention to Lauren, who isn't feeling well. When I got her up this morning, I saw she had thrown up in her bed, poor little girl. I was thankful I was already doing laundry--just add her bedding to the pile! She had a 102.9 fever and wasn't herself all day. She ate a little, but mostly sat in the glider rocker looking at books and watching Bob the Builder and Thomas. She also took a big 4 1/2 hour nap! Austin and Julia went in the little pool this afternoon. It has been warm here, nice, and not too hot.
Brian's strawberry pie

We celebrated Brian's birthday tonight. The kids were SO excited about giving him presents! Julia gave him a present--one of her old boxes of crayons! (There it is on the coffee table. :))

Julia and Austin put the candles in Brian's pie. Julia told Austin that they could each put in one of each color of candle. I asked them if that was enough candles, and they both agreed it was!
1 comment:
Poor Lauren. I hope she's feeling better today. Glad Brian had a good b-day. :) It sounds like Julia gives the kind of gifts that Elizabeth does. She gave my mom a little Polly Pocket cat for her b-day last year. My mom keeps it in the window in the kitchen!
Post a Comment