Friday, October 26, 2007

Disneyland

A week ago we were at Disneyland. We were there almost ALL day. It was fun. It was also hot, was supposed to be 84 that day. I got a headache a few hours after we arrived, and it kind of came and went, but finally we bought some Tylenol at one of the little stores, and then I felt much better. I think we were on the Riverboat here. I am not sure if that is it's name! It goes around Tom Sawyer Island.


We ate lunch at the Plaza Inn. Lauren really liked these balloons at the entrance. I think she thought they were real. Also real hard. ;) In the afternoon we got ice cream bars and chocolate popcorn (yum!!) and ate our snack while listening to stories told by Snow White. It was a princess area, and they were handing out these crowns along with a sheet of stickers to decorate the crown. Julia got one for herself and Lauren. They both decorated them, and Julia wore hers the rest of the day. Lauren wore hers and held it and played with it, and it ripped not too long after she got it!


We all rode in this teacup together.


The castle at night, so pretty.


After the fireworks, we waited by the ropes blocking off the castle to head back to Fantasy Land. I thought Austin and Lauren were cute in the stroller together and took their picture. I was surprised to see that he had fallen asleep, when I checked the picture! They both were tired of walking, and Brian and I wanted a break from carrying them, so into the stroller they both went (I am sure the weight limit was exceeded....). We went on the Peter Pan ride and the carousel before leaving the park. As you can see, Austin woke up from his little nap.


Disneyland was all decorated for Halloween and Fall, with pumpkins, colorful leaves, Fall-colored buntings, and jack-o-lanterns carved with Disney characters, all over the park. They had trick-or-treating for the kids at night, but we didn't realize this until we left and talked to another family about it! Oh well.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Oh, I like the big Mickey made of pumpkins. You make me want to go back to Disney World with the kids. That's good that you're so close to Disneyland.