Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Let the Fun Begin



July 12 These kids love, love, love holding their baby sister! They come up when I'm nursing her and hug her. They hug her in her bouncy seat. They talk to her when she's being changed. Tonight Julia said Caroline was crying because she wanted Julia to hold her. If one of them gets a turn holding her, the other two want a turn as well.




Lauren changing Baby Emily. She did this several times this day. Until Daddy got after her for using real baby wipes that is. Then we had many tears, and Lauren would not be persuaded to use anything else to change Baby Emily.



All the kids got a face painting at the VBS carnival. Julia's flower lasted the longest.


Brian gave Julia money to bid on a cake at the cake auction at the carnival. People donate cakes and the money goes to the VBS missionary for the week. Julia came home with 24 of these animal cupcakes, 8 of each. We thought they were so cute! I might have to make them someday. They tasted good too. ;)


July 13: Caroline so peaceful after her bath. It is so cute how it takes such effort for her to open her eyes. Every day she opens them a little more it seems, for a little longer time.


Brian took the big kids to church, and Baby and I fell asleep in the recliner. I woke up, but she was still asleep, so took these few pictures. She has a lot of hair, but I think Julia and Lauren had more. Caroline's was sticking up in the hospital, but I think that is how the nurse styled it. Julia and Lauren had spiky hair that I couldn't get to lay flat even if I combed it flat after a bath. Caroline's hair is dark, almost black, like Julia's was. Lauren's newborn hair was a little lighter. Of course everyone's has fallen out and blonde came in. Austin had some hair too, though less than the girls, and it was brown.



Love, love how squishy these newborns are! That doesn't last long!


July 14: Brian took these



Poor Lauren. She was quite irritable the first few days Caroline was home. I don't know if she's feeling displaced, or tired or what. She has taken loooong 3-3 1/2 hour naps each day, and they seem to help. She tries to help with the baby, but mostly is unhelpful. Though we try to not let her know that too obviously, as she is trying so hard. And she loves the baby so much. Today was better, so hopefully things are looking up.


Trying to wake Little Missy up to eat. Got to get those daytime feedings in so she'll sleep more at night! Which, so far (and I don't want to jinx anything by saying this....), she has done the best at night of any of our newborns! She wakes up to nurse and then goes right back to sleep, giving me 2-3 hour or so stretches of sleep. I can live with that. Also, I have taken at least one nap every day which is nice! Brian is taking really good care of us all. He's been off from work since Caroline was born, though he went in for a few hours Tuesday afternoon when the younger three and I were sleeping. And he's going in tomorrow, then will stay home Friday.

Anyway, I was tickling her to get her to wake up. The other three thought this was most entertaining and had to help some with that too. Caroline was making the cutest little faces: a yawn...


And a couple sleepy smiles.... :)

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Sweet photos of all the kids and Brian holding Miss Caroline. Love all the pink. LOL at Lauren's face w/the ice cream. Poor thing!