


For lunch we picked up two $5 Footlong subs from Subway and brought them to Strother Park along with some chips and fruit from home. Julia was not overly cheerful at the park. We made her have a nap this afternoon, along with the other two, as they are going to stay up late for fireworks tonight (just a few sparklers and flowers, etc. Brian bought).

Austin and Julia took turns riding his bike around the path. Her bike is too small for her, and his actually fits her better (she needs a new one!!) Lauren played in the sand and rode her little scooter around the same path. It was a really nice day at the park, warm, not hot, and we found a nice shady table to eat. It wasn't crowded at all, either, which we were a little surprised about.

Now, Brian is out with Austin and Julia playing in the little wading pool. Lauren is still sleeping. Soon Brian will BBQ hamburgers for supper and I'll have to fix the rest. We'll enjoy the yummy flag cake for dessert and do the fireworks later on.
Also, I'm 39 weeks today! I went to the doctor Wednesday, and have progressed a little more (yay!): dilated 3-4, 75% effaced, and Baby is at -1 station. My dr. said baby won't go any lower until I'm in labor. Lest we get too excited, thinking Baby is coming any day, hour, minute (LOL, and I suppose it could...), I have progressed in this same pattern with all my babies, in fact I was exactly the same with Lauren at this time (well, at 38.5 weeks like I was on Weds., anyway).

1 comment:
The cake looks yummy! I've made one of those a few times in the past. Glad you had a good Fourth. Ours was low key this year too. We had some friends over but just one family of 3 and we did some of our own fireworks.
Post a Comment