
The Kindergarteners arrived, and each class had a group picture up on this wagon. The little girl who has her eye on him [or so it seems], Cassidy, is on the far left, with the dark hair and turquoise shirt. He is oblivious to her attention. Totally and completely (which we are happy about, at this age! ;) )...

All the Kindergarten classes rode on three hay wagons out to the pumpkin patch. The tractor drivers had buckets of apples that were grown at the farm, and everybody got one to eat on the ride. Each kid got to choose a sugar pumpkin (Austin has his in the picture) and a mini pumpkin--they are the teeny tiny ones by his feet. Back at the "yard", near the store, the kids got to go through the hay maze and look at the animals. The teachers had the kids choose buddies to go through the maze, in case somebody got scared. Austin and his buddy ended up being a threesome when a lone little boy joined their group, and then a foursome when Lauren joined! However--our kids went through that maze over and over when we went with my mom and dad, and their little group got separated pretty fast. I don't think anyone ended up scared. We ate lunch out at the picnic tables, and then the kids left to go back to school.

Lauren wanted to feed the animals, and really liked staying after the students left, just the two (well three, including Caroline) of us. She was so cute feeding the goats: "Here Baby, here's some tood (food) for you. Here Mommy, here's some tood for you." She was talking to all the animals as she fed them. She fed the cow, and it bit her! Although I am not sure if it was with its teeth (didn't see any marks) or just clamped its gums on her little fingers. It scared her though! On the way to out, as we passed the goats she'd fed first, she talked to them and said, "There. Now you have some nice tood in your tummies." :)

Monday was Columbus Day, and Brian had it off from work, though the kids still had school. However, Austin and Julia both had fevers and Austin was complaining about his ears hurting, so they both ended up staying home. I took Austin to the doctor, and sure enough, one ear was clear, but the other was plugged. He was only healthy for about a week after he finished his last round of antibiotics (amoxicillin), and then he got another cold and it has turned into an ear infection. So now he is on Septra? Cippro? Not sure, as we got a generic form, some sulfa- drug. Austin also has trouble hearing right now, I really think from his ear infection. It is comical though, we have to almost shout for him to hear us, and it's best to make eye contact so he doesn't totally tune us out! I told his teacher at school so she would know in case he wasn't paying attention!
Tonight when I picked Julia up from choir at church, I talked to one of the dads who was waiting for his kids. I'd seen him talking to Austin's teacher one morning at school and asked how he knew her. He used to be the athletic director at the high school. Anyway, he said he is the Kindergarten PE teacher (Well, that and organizes PE for the elementary schools in the district). I thought he was joking at first, but he was serious! I told him Austin never said anything about having PE. LOL At home I told Austin, "I didn't know you have PE in Kindergarten..." He looks blankly at me, "What?!" And I have to repeat louder, as he didn't hear me the first time. This time he answers, still looking puzzled, "What's PE?" LOL I asked him if a man comes to school to teach his class exercises and games, and then he smiled and understood. I asked him if it was Emma's dad. He answered, "Who's Emma?!" Oh my... So different than the girls. We used to be in a Bible study group with this family, saw them every week, and also did several activities with them. I was surprised he forgot all that. He has other things on his mind, I tell you. Things like Legos and Thomas and his remote-control truck, and soccer and playing with Solomon and rigging things up with his bouncy balloon. Forget Emma. Forget PE. Forget Cassidy (well, don't pay her any attention to begin with, actually...)
Here is Caroline napping in her bouncy seat: love those cheeks, love those eyelashes! All the kids got their daddy's super long eyelashes, so long that when their eyes are open their lashes touch their eyebrows! Cute!

Brian used the SteamVac to clean all the carpets. I am SO glad to have that done; they always look so much better after they're cleaned, and they were really getting spotted and gross! Here he is taking a break, watching Swiss Family Robinson (I think) with Austin and Lauren. Julia watched most of it too, as she pretty much layed on the couch all day. You can see the tracks in the carpet from in being cleaned!

Not sure what Miss Pajama Legs is doing in the background--not laying on the couch though. Austin's bouncy balloon from his party is hanging on the chair.

The little sweetheart and me. She's getting quite the bald spot on the back of her head, and her hair seems to be thinning on the top too.

Caroline is 14 weeks today. It was hot again here. Yesterday it was 91, today was similar, and tomorrow is supposed to be 87! It was comfortable outside this evening, and nice to be out there. Below Lauren is singing songs with hand motions and doing Patty Cake with Caroline. She sings The Eensy Weensy Spider and Inright Outright Upright Downright Happy All the Time to Caroline.

I just love these expressions, and just love this baby! She is a good baby and a delight to have in our family. Lauren tells me several times a day, "Tarowine is a sweet baby... We all wove her so much...!" And it is true!




1 comment:
Cute photo of Caroline on the pumpkins. That girl won't be lacking for pictures of her when she grows up. Being her momma's fourth child does NOT mean less pictures, that's for sure! ;) With my parents you can see a dramatic drop in photos when I was born. LOL
Love reading Lauren's sweet little words about the animals. She seems like such a sweet, caring girl.
That's funny about PE. Andrew didn't know what it was last year either when I mentioned "PE" but now he does. ;)
Nice of Brian to do the carpet cleaning. Mine needs to be done badly. Our steam cleaner never worked the same when I let my sister borrow it a few years ago. We need to either get a new one or hire someone to come clean our carpet.
Post a Comment