Sunday, April 26, 2009

Little Clown

We found another Fuzzy Wuzzy on our walk to school last Monday, the day it was 98 in the shade. It was already hot early in the morning. Lauren got to take him home, where she put him in the bug cage, and again, gathered leaves and grass for his home. Julia set the first Fuzzy Wuzzy free before we left for Yosemite. He was still alive! Brian put this second guy out yesterday, as the kids have lost interest in the caterpillars, and just leave them sit on the windowsill, not giving them any fresh leaves or sprigs of bushes or water. The novelty has worn off I think. We were told they are Woolly Bear caterpillars and eventually will turn into big moths. Julia said, when she brought Fuzzy Wuzzy 1 into her class to share, a boy said they will turn into giant moths that will eat you up! Hmmm...

Lauren got the binoculars at her friend Gracie's birthday party the day before. It was a Dora party, and the kids got to go on a Dora adventure. Fun, fun... The tattoo is one from the Easter egg hunt at the park. We have about 20 more in the bathroom cupboard.


That afternoon Lauren wanted me to take her picture with that Polly bedspread over her nose. She saw in on my camera display, and giggled, and said, "I'm a little clown!" No truer words were spoken! ;) Notice the tattoo is even more gone, here. When it didn't come off in her bath, Lauren started picking it off! Little clown, indeed. She was the one who wanted it on in the first place...


It was so, so hot, I just felt lazy and sluggish most of the day. We sat out in the afternoon sun at Tball practice and were hot. Our house was hot. I didn't feel like making dinner, even though it was only spaghetti, and salad out of a bag. It was just too hot. Outside was more pleasant, and Brian played out there with the little girls. While I made that spaghetti. Obviously (from the pictures below) I took a break from that hot kitchen to go out too.


Lauren said, "Remember when you let me take a picture of Tarowine with your camera? I want to do that again." Here is Lauren's picture.


And the entire little group parading around the backyard. Lauren wore those binoculars all day long! Except when she slept.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Love Lauren's hair like that - cute!

I bet you didn't feel like cooking w/that heat and no a/c. I wouldn't be wanting to cook either. Ugh!