Friday, April 10, 2009

Nine Months

Our sweet baby girl is nine months old today. It's hard to believe she's so close to a year! Here she is, all cozy and bundled up after we got home from our walk to school. And her bear picture.


Getting ready for her morning nap...she sucks her thumb when she's tired. Or bored. Or just because it's there and fits so nicely in her little mouth. ;)



She says lots of consonant sounds, like: Da, Ma, Ba, Wa, and uses lots if voice inflections when she "talks", which is so, so cute to hear!



She's a little charmer and looooves attention.


Caroline is such a content, peaceful baby. She sits so nicely, babbling to herself, playing with toys or interesting objects. Her naps and sleep habits have been a challenge much of this last month. I (and Brian when he was home) was so frustrated with her at naptime. We'd rock her to sleep, and she'd immediately fuss and cry when we put her in her bed. I'd let her cry. And that's all she did, cry and not go to sleep. And I let her cry for a long time some of those days! Even an hour or a bit more. What good that did? None?! I'd get her up b/c it was time to nurse, and then she'd be cranky. This went on for over two weeks.


I've mentioned before how we let her cry at night. Well, she did well then, getting the hang of falling back to sleep on her own, after just a few nights. And finally, FINALLY, she started sleeping at naps after I'd lay her down. I put her on her tummy and that helped. When she fussed she'd just suck her thumb and go back to sleep. Amazing. LOL I'm not worried about her being on her tummy, because she can roll over on her own, though she hasn't yet, in bed! Funny! She just stays where we lay her! Yet, anyway. I am *SO* thankful she is going to sleep on her own! I like rocking her, but when she'd wake up upon going in her crib, that was no fun!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Glad she's sleeping good. Cute photos of her. I can NOT believe she is 9 months old either! Wow!