Monday, June 8, 2009

Through His Eyes

Unfortunately, Julia and I got the stomach bug too. I was sick all day Friday, and Brian stayed home for the third day in a row, to take care of the kids so I could rest. I missed Austin's class doing a singing performance, but Brian videotaped it, so at least I got to see it that way. He picked up Taco Bell for himself and the kids for supper. I was thankful (very!!!) that I never threw up, but I felt miserable and tired the whole day. Friday night it hit Julia, and she threw up just twice (which Brian took care of, I didn't even hear her the first time!), but was really tired and out of it Saturday.

Brian has been so busy at work, and taking three unplanned days off didn't help matters any. He ended up going in on Saturday to work for about four hours. Julia went with him and just laid around and read. We were running out of food: no more peanut butter, eggs, maybe three slices of bread, no this, no that. So the younger kids and I went off to Costco. I wasn't feeling 100% well, but much better. And we needed food!

That afternoon Brian took Austin to a park to ride his bike, run his remote-control truck, and play on the playground. They took the little camera along--I told Brian to get our picture of the day, as he had the day before when I was sick. They both ended up taking pictures. Austin liked that.


At home, Austin took even more pictures. I thought it was quite interesting what he thought he should photograph! Julia did the same thing, at about the same age, and it was fun to see what struck her fancy, too. {Click collage to make bigger if you want} Here are most of Austin's pictures, in the order he snapped them:

Caroline playing, Brian just getting on the computer (I had to laugh when I saw what was on the screen: Rebecca Rubin, the new American Girl historical character--Julia'd been reading about her.), random toys...

Lauren waking up from her nap, his Lego creations...

The hall skylight, me studying my sewing, Julia punching (?!?!?!) at him b/c she was mad he kept following her around. She wasn't feeling well at all, notice the 7-Up can..., the truck book that makes noises he found at the church library...

Julia pacing with her 7-Up, the toy microphone and piano, Lauren's pets, and Lauren. I think she was his partner in crime for the last several shots. Once she got out of bed.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Enjoyed Austin's photos. I had Elizabeth do something similar around the same age as well. I scrapbooked it.

You have a good hubby to take care of you all like that.