Monday, October 5, 2009

Seven!

Seven years ago, this sweet boy was born. Eleven days early, 8 lbs., 21 inches long. He was my smallest baby, though you wouldn't know it from this picture. Hee hee--he filled out fast!!


I baked star cookies for his class at school. His teacher requested no cupcakes, as the kids had made a big mess with them just a few days earlier when a little girl brought them for her birthday.




He had a good day at school, said the class sang "Happy Birthday" to him. And he got to choose what color cookie he wanted: blue, because it's his favorite. And everyone else had to take the color the teacher gave them.


He very quickly had enough with our photo shoot. He wanted to run off and play pirate ship with Lauren. They pretended the Little Tykes cube was their ship. They'd look through the binoculars for bad guys. At one point Austin told Lauren, "You're the bad guy, Lauren."
She just ignored him, peering through the binoculars..."Where are all the birds?"


After supper Austin opened his gifts.


Of course, this was very interesting to his sisters, too. Well, Caroline got bored. She liked playing with the paper and bows, though. ;)


We had ice cream to celebrate. Lauren told me she thinks Austin had a bad birthday because I didn't make him a cake! Well, I will. He wants to have a birthday celebration with some friends, and I think we're going to have to plan it for the 17th, with his midday soccer games every other Saturday this month. I did at least put 7 candles in his ice cream! Happy Birthday, Austin!

No comments: