Thursday, October 29, 2009

Domesticity

Yesterday I spent the morning washing clothes, vacuuming, and making cranberry muffins, Focaccia bread squares, and chicken vegetable chowder in the slow cooker. Austin had soccer practice from 4:30 - 5:30, so no time to make dinner after that! Definitely a slow cooker day.

Lauren helped make the breads, then went off to play with her own dough (Play Doh) while I continued working. She was busy making red sea horse and turtle Play Doh cookies. Of course Baby Sister was right there, on tiptoe, very interested!


While Lauren and I were busy, Caroline was busy too! She got into the cupboards, scattered Lite Brite pegs and lots of other stuff--all kinds of exploring!


Scattered things: magnets, markers, Polly Pockets, colored pencils, Julia's composition book, Lauren's Sunday School paper pulled off the fridge, the Princess lunch box, the tiny blue Polly weather vane...


More random scattered things: green Halloween cup, Lauren's sandal, Play Doh rolling pin and cookie cutter...


The yummy cranberry muffins...


The dinner was yummy too! Just another day at home. I washed the clothes, but never did get them folded. Yet. That's going to be tomorrow's day at home. ;)

No comments: