Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Brian's Birthday

Yesterday was the first day of summer vacation! None of us slept in much. I got up at 7:30 instead of 6:30, which was nice. Austin read to his little sisters...


After supper, Brian opened his presents. We had nine gifts for him. Because birthdays and Christmas are pretty much the only times he gets new clothes--unless Farm Credit is giving out polo shirts with their logo. ;) With his birthday and Christmas about 6 mos. apart, it always seems he needs a new pair of jeans when one of those days is near. Anyway. I had each of the three big kids choose 3 presents, and how they wanted to wrap those gifts. They picked the paper or gift bag and bows, and then I helped wrap them. They liked that! Each of them gave Daddy "their" presents. Brian did ask at one point, "These are all from you? Nothing from Mommy or Caroline?" Ha ha. One of Lauren's gifts was The Blind Side movie.


Julia made Brian's birthday cake. She let Austin and Lauren help add ingredients. Brian chose a chocolate cake with white frosting and strawberry filling and strawberries on the outside. I made the strawberry cream frilling and frosted it, then Austin and Lauren put strawberries around it. The whole thing is kind of leaning and cracking in my fridge now. The strawberries were just too full of moisture. I even let them dry on a towel for a couple hours! I told Brian I think the it all needs to go in a trifle dish! At least it tastes good!


When we sang Happy Birthday, Austin and Lauren started out with, "Happy Birthday to you, you live in a zoo..." Goodness! Those silly kids! You would think they'd treat their Daddy nicer on his birthday! ;)

No comments: