Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Father's Day

Daddy with his kids, after church. He told them taking this picture was not his idea. Hmmmph. I'm pretty sure he's glad we did it, though.


After naps (including one for Father), he played Dutch Blitz with Julia and Austin. Lauren and Caroline ate Monster Cookies and watched. Lauren said she was Brian's helper.


Father BBQed his own hamburgers for dinner. That's what he requested, and he's the one who does the grilling, so there you go. ;) He didn't mind.

Lauren was outside with Brian, and blew bubbles the whole time. Austin kept popping them with the racket, and she giggled and giggled. Of course that made him want to pop more.




So cute blowing her bubbles...


The mischief maker and the bubble popper

Look what the mischief maker did to our door! And the screen! It's just chalk, but goodness. Silly girl. None of the other kids have ever drawn on the house with chalk!

Our hydrangeas are beautiful this year! I had Julia pose by this one because it's so pretty!


Julia has been busy working on this craft kit the last week or so. She got it for Christmas, and I told her she needed to do it! She was busy with school, but has plenty of free time during summer vacation. If you can't tell, she's sewing two owls. It's an American Girl kit, and says to make one for yourself and one for your doll. Well, ever-practical Julia said, "I don't know why my doll needs an owl. She's not going to care about it. I'm going to keep both for myself!" Ha! I'm sure her dolls are glad to share. :)

No comments: