Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Matchy Match

Our third day of VBS. There were 309 kids again today, 305 yesterday. 24 were in our Pre-K class. I told my friend that 20% of the kids had been crying, just after beginning the morning! And it was true--5 were crying, including Austin at one point. He wanted to play with sidewalk chalk with his friend Carter on the playground at playtime, but the funny thing was, I asked Austin if he wanted to, and he said no. Only to burst into tears when it was time to go in for the Bible story, because he did want to draw with chalk! One little girl wouldn't stop crying, and we sent her to the registration ladies to call her mom to pick her up. I think these little 4-year-olds are getting tiiiiiiiiiiiired! They are doing great learning their song and hand motions for the Friday night program for the parents, though.

These were from last Friday. I wanted to get some of the girls in their matching outfits. Right now, Julia likes dressing the same as Lauren. I suspect this will not last too many more years. If we are out, and someone comments on her outfit, Julia makes sure to tell them, "My baby sister has the same dress (or skirt, whatever)!" The last time we were at Costco, I picked up some fall jammies for Julia, and was looking at some for Lauren, thinking out loud, "Does she really need jammies?" And Julia answers, "Well, it is fun to have the same ones..." I ended up buying Lauren the same set of ballerina jammies, but I do need to go through Julia's old clothes and hand-me-downs we've been given...they might just be going back to Costco. Anyway, Julia likes matching Lauren, but she wasn't thrilled with the idea of having her picture taken. Lauren actually cooperated nicely for these!

Of course I had to include one of Austin. After their baths tonight, he told me, as he was standing over Lauren, just because he is taller than her and can see the top of her head, "Mommy, Lauren has a path in her hair." He went on to trace the line of her part with his finger! I could just see him imagining a little car driving on that "path" as he traced!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Love their matching outfits. Where did you find this outfit? It seems to be hard to find skirts long enough. KWIM? Tomorrow is the last day of VBS, do I hear a sigh of relief yet?? LOL