Today was our first day of Vacation Bible School. There were 309 kids! That is the most they've ever had on the first day. Julia said there were 64, she thought in her class. And of those 64, there were
4 Julias! Julia B, Julia F, Julia G, and Julia N! Julia F and our Julia were born the same night at the same hospital. My nurse came in the night she was born and told me there was another Julia born that night. When Julia was in Cubbies, Julia F's mom and I got to talking and realized that her Julia was the one that nurse told me about! They go to a different church, but come to some of our activities. Julia G was in my Julia's school class last year, and Julia N went to the same school in Kindergarten as my Julia. Here Brian and I thought we were coming up with somewhat of an original name...... Anyway, back to VBS: I am helping in Austin's Pre-K class, and we had 25 kids. We left church right at 12:30, and the kids ate their lunch (I'd packed), in the van on the way to swimming lessons, about 10 minutes away. Lauren was VERY antsy and crabby at the pool. She was worn out from the long morning! She was running on the brick walkway and fell twice, skinning her knees twice. She didn't cry, just got up to run again. I was concerned she would fall in the pool! We got home around 2:20 and the younger two had naps. I finally got to eat my lunch!
These pictures were taken yesterday. Austin with Pongo, before church. He told me, "Mommy, you should take my picture."

The girls in their sundresses after church. We walked to an empty lot around the corner. Lauren especially didn't want to sit still for long and went running around the tree. I started singing, "Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush" and Julia thought that was just great and went running around the tree with her! That lasted a few minutes. Then they ran off through the tall grass, finding big sticks and branches. All that is much more fun than taking pictures! ;) I did want to get a few though, as Julia wore Lauren's dress when she was that age. It's fun seeing those cute little clothes again.

1 comment:
Great turnout for VBS!!! We had a little over 400 on our first day and around 600 enrolled for the week. We had like 44 3rd grade boys enrolled. LOTS of salvation decisions too so it was a great week!
Cute photos of the girls! Oh, and I can't forget Austin w/Pongo. LOL Andrew will ask me to take his photo sometimes when he's doing something he must think is especially cute.
Post a Comment