Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Swim Lessons

Julia and Austin did a great job at swim lessons today! I think it was the best swimming day ever, for both of them! They both were brave, and did a good job. Julia was floating by herself, doing the starfish float, while the teacher worked with Austin and the other little girl. Julia swam halfway across the pool, to her teacher, and jumped off the edge into the water, without even touching the teacher's finger! What a difference from last year and even a few weeks ago! Austin jumped in without help, swam to the teacher, and floated for a couple seconds, too! Not bad for only his second summer of lessons! We are so glad we decided to go with private lessons with this teacher instead of doing them at the high school this summer. Both kids have really gained confidence working with her and have improved so much! We were wondering if lessons with "Miss Jennie" would really be that much better than the high school, and we are convinced!

These pictures are from June 20, but I wanted to share them. I need to take some more of them actually swimming and floating on their own, now! Here, Austin is practicing his "big arms" with the kickboard.


Bicycle pedaling while sitting on a noodle. For a few lessons they got to jump in with the "pop-ups" (those yellow foam weight things). They don't do that anymore--just jump right to the teacher now! Austin was waiting on the step for his turn.



Almost deleted this one. She's just wiping water out of her eyes, after all! But I noticed how I could see her colorful fingernails and had to keep it! She gave herself the manicure. ;)

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Elizabeth is all into painting her own nails now. (Andrew's too sometimes!) I'm glad they are doing so well in swim lessons. I'm kicking myself for not doing them this summer. I never get to my parents' pool to practice with them like I think I will.