Thursday, March 26, 2009

Princess, Bubbles, 37 Weeks, Naughty Polly

Yesterday Lauren dressed up like a beautiful princess. Julia bought her this princess dress-up set at the auction her class had at the end of the first trimester. She spent a lot of money on it, too, which was thoughtful of her! I made Julia and Lauren these tutus almost two years ago. They are so so simple! Just tulle strips tied around an elastic band. We went outside for awhile while Caroline had her nap.



It's hard prancing around in those high heels! They were soon kicked off. Then Lauren wanted to blow bubbles. So we did that together for awhile too.


After Caroline's nap the three of us went outside again, and Lauren blew more bubbles. Caroline was laughing and laughing, so hard, at Lauren! She'd giggle and giggle, barely pause for a breath and then laugh some more. So cute!


The little angel asleep in her bouncy seat... She woke up early from her afternoon nap so I stuck her in here to sleep some more.


Austin had T-Ball practice yesterday after school, so we hung out at the ballfield while he practiced with the boys. Lauren brought her bubbles there and nicely shared them with a little boy. Julia does her homework at practices.

Today Lauren wanted to blow bubbles again! She'd already used up the container from yesterday. She gets frustrated when the bubbles get foamy and she can't blow them. ;) Then I have to come out and blow some for her. Also, Caroline's 37th Thursday...


Taking a break from bubbles... And then chasing bubbles once again.


Julia and Austin had a half day of school today. I was eating lunch, when I heard Austin talking, to himself, but loud enough for the rest of us to hear. "Polly was naughty..." then played for awhile quietly.


Julia paused in what she was doing and said, "Mommy, come see what Austin did with Polly!"


I looked at poor Polly hanging out of his vehicle. He said, "Polly was naughty. She got arrested. She stealed something!"


"She stole something?"


"Yes! She stole a car. And now she's going to jail," and off he hauled her in his police "car". This is the same police car he built the other day, super tall, he said, because there are lizards in the bottom part of it!


Here's Polly being hauled off to jail. See the police man sitting behind her? And in the next picture, Lauren's expression during this whole situation.


She wasn't happy about Austin hauling off with her beloved brand new See-You-In-The-Mountain Polly. She said Polly was going to live somewhere else! I asked her where, and Julia piped up, "Maybe a jail cell!"


That didn't help matters any. Lauren said SYITM Polly was going to move back into Cuckoo's house. I'm serious. That is SYITM Polly's friend. He's a boy Polly, and lives in a hotel (Lauren said). Austin eventually released Polly and sure enough, Lauren moved her bed, armoire, bench, TV, clothes, etc., back to Cuckoo's house. Apparently SYITM Polly had moved out earlier today... She'd also gone shopping for hula hoops. And bought one to take to Grandma and Grandpa's house.


You just never know what's going to happen over here. I get surprised myself!!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

The tutus are cute, simple to make or not. I wonder if Elizabeth would still like something like that, I think she would.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE when babies laugh hard like that. You can't help but laugh with them. Sweet!!

Good thing bubbles are cheap with Lauren's addiction. :) The pic of her with her arms raised is too cute.

ROFL at Lauren's expression. LOL I think that kid is something else. I would love to spend some time with her. I'm sure I'd have a lot of laughs. Hee hee! She has a great imagination. I need to look in our attic and see if any of Elizabeth's Pollys are still up there. I think I donated them but if not then I'm shipping it all to your house. LOL I'll try to look tomorrow when I put the Easter stuff back up. ;)