Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sharing Ice Cream, Sitting Pretty, and No Boots

I wanted to post all of these earlier this week, as well as Julia's birthday pictures, but just did not get to it. The few days before her birthday were really busy, and that Wednesday, Feb. 25, I started feeling like I was coming down with something, was achy and had a fever and chills. Yet I still ran around like a crazy person, doing Santa Maria errands: Target, Beverly's, Michael's, Costco. We had company coming that weekend, after all, and it was Julia's birthday, and well, things had to get done, so I took Advil and went on with the day.

I woke up the next morning feeling the same way, and was freezing. I had a fever (which I didn't realize until after my shower, when I actually took my temperature). and felt chilled, and the house was cold, only 64 degrees. So I turned the shower up pretty warm, to warm up! Well, I fainted in the shower! All of a sudden I couldn't see anything, and didn't know which side of the shower was where. I was kind of moaning, and Brian came in, and I told him I was blacking out, and I did--fainted right there in the shower! He tried to catch me, but didn't, as I was too slippery and fell too fast!

When I came to, the first thing I asked him was how was my tooth. I could tell my top front tooth felt bumped. Well, there was blood on the shower floor. He said my chin bumped the little shampoo shelf, and there was a gash in it. I think when that happened my tooth went down through the top of my bottom lip, cutting through the inside of my lip into my mouth. So I had two cuts in my bottom lip, like a straight pin going in fabric. We wondered if I would need stitches, but it stopped bleeding pretty quickly, thankfully. I still have bruises on my legs from falling crazy. On each thigh are parallel bruises where they hit the shower door track. Brian said I looked like Frankenstein laying there in the shower, with my head contorted funny and my legs twisted odd. He said he thought I was out 10-15 seconds. My mom asked how long he would have waited before calling 911! It did scare him, though. He stayed home till 9:30 or so and got Julia and Austin to school.

I took more Advil so at least I could function that day. Brian said he didn't know if he should leave to go to work or not, but we both thought I would probably be ok, and thought the fainting was probably related to the flu somehow. I did have a 100.9? fever I think it was. I tried to rest, though we did go to Vons. Again, things had to be done, and groceries had to be bought. At least I could doze a little while the youngest two kids napped.

Friday I felt a lot better, though had a bad headache that night from constantly doing and going all day. That night we went to Olive Garden with Brian's mom, Chris, and Joy, at Julia's request for her birthday dinner. Good thing the Advil helped, or the weekend would not have happened! And we are very thankful that I didn't get hurt worse in the shower, like break my leg or something! So the flu thing got better, but I got a cold the first part of the last week, and have been coughing terribly from it, otherwise feeling okay. Who knows, maybe it's all related.



I wanted us to have a family picture, since we had someone around to take them, last Sunday. Chris and Joy took several, while Grandma tried to get the baby [and kids] to look in the right direction.




The "silly" pose



Monday night we ate birthday cake and I shared my ice cream with Caroline. She liked that just fine! She went through several weeks in February where she wouldn't eat any solids. She'd just clamp her little mouth shut and then stick a thumb in. When we'd take that thumb out, she'd stick the other thumb in. Now she's doing better with eating. We've never had a baby who refused their food, before! She certainly didn't refuse the ice cream. ;)




The little missy sitting up by herself! She makes that face a lot, like in the second picture. I think she looks like a little old lady who forgot her dentures!


Wednesday Austin had his first T-ball practice at the park. We were in a rush after school to get there, and I told Lauren to put on her boots that were in the garage (b/c there was dirt caked on the bottoms). It was time to get out of the van, at the park, and Lauren says, "Look Mommy! No boots!" Oh dear. It was too late to go home to get them, so she had to take off her socks and go barefoot at the park. At least it was soft sand and grass by the T-ball field, but the walk from the parking lot wouldn't have felt so nice on bare feet. So this is how Lauren got there!

No comments: