It's been hot here all week, so I slathered us all in sunscreen. It's also been very, very windy! It dries my eyes out! Anyway. At Windmill Farms we asked for some animal food, and the man working gave us three little strawberry baskets full of cabbage. We headed to the corral area and visited the animals: lots of different kinds of goats, pigs, a pony, and some chickens. Lauren liked being the only kid feeding the animal. She used up all three baskets herself, though she did share a cabbage leaf or two with me to feed the goats.

Caroline was SO excited watching the goats and seeing Lauren feed them. Oh my--that girl was a crazy woman, kicking and waving her arms, squealing, sucking in air, clapping her hands, babbling and laughing... I think she must have thought it was the most exciting thing she'd ever seen in her whole life! ;)

SO excited!!! I had to post this picture because it is the first one I have of her first [and only] little, tiny tooth! Can you see it?

Peek-a-boo! I see you! And Baby Doll with Sweetie Pie.

How old are you, Lauren? One... two...

Three... Four!

When the cabbage had all been eaten, we went back to the little store. I told Lauren she could pick out a treat. It isn't your typical treat store. They have produce, gifty type items and trinkets, some gourmet dressings and foods... Lauren chose a raspberry scone and a tube of chocolate-covered sunflower seeds. Kind of like peanut-M&Ms, except they are sunflower seeds in the middle, not peanuts. I bought a basket of blueberries too. Windmill Farms grows a coastal variety of blueberries. The lady said they produce year round, though they slow waaaaay down in the winter. I thought that was interesting. They were smallish, but had a good flavor! Yum! Back at home Lauren ate her [giant] raspberry scone for lunch, along with some cheese and blueberries. The scone was too big for her so I got to finish off the last little bit. :D

When the cabbage had all been eaten, we went back to the little store. I told Lauren she could pick out a treat. It isn't your typical treat store. They have produce, gifty type items and trinkets, some gourmet dressings and foods... Lauren chose a raspberry scone and a tube of chocolate-covered sunflower seeds. Kind of like peanut-M&Ms, except they are sunflower seeds in the middle, not peanuts. I bought a basket of blueberries too. Windmill Farms grows a coastal variety of blueberries. The lady said they produce year round, though they slow waaaaay down in the winter. I thought that was interesting. They were smallish, but had a good flavor! Yum! Back at home Lauren ate her [giant] raspberry scone for lunch, along with some cheese and blueberries. The scone was too big for her so I got to finish off the last little bit. :D
We had fun on our little outing. Lauren was most pleased to be able to go someplace special and get special treats that the two older kids couldn't do since they were at school. Ha ha. Austin said he wants to go to Windmill Farms for his birthday. And Lauren said she wants to go back to that place. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment