Saturday, May 16, 2009

Muddy Buddy

Today was warm, so Brian set up Lauren's new Slip-N-Slide. Julia had to go to a book-finishers Awana party at church. While I brought her, Brian watched Austin and Lauren play in the yard. Later on I was making cole slaw for dinner, and I saw Lauren digging in the dirt with her hands [no shovel]. She had a sand bucket about half-full of water. So, she'd get her hands dirty and sandy, then go to 'wash' them in the bucket. Over and over and over again! She wanted me to come out there to see what she was doing, and I was quite interested, I have to say. She was getting so dirty! Good thing it was bath night. Though Austin said he didn't need a bath; that he'd already had a bath outside (on the Slip-N-Slide)!

Lauren's dirty, dirty hands


Time to wash them clean... And time to drop balls in the washing water...


When Lauren was done playing, she dumped all the muddy water out, leaving a thick, probably 2-inch thick layer of mud in the bucket. She proceeded to shake that out as well. And deposited a handfull of it in the trunk of the Little Tykes car. Stinker. She also stamped around in the little puddle her muddy water made in the grass. Fun, fun!

No comments: